Need Seattle hotel that picks up at airport and takes to port...

Karshrimp

We are newbies when it comes to dealing with cruising out of Seattle. We don't know anything at all about the port, hotels, etc.

Does anyone know a decent hotel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that will pick us up from the airport and take us to the port the next day?

By the way, what is the name of the port the ships cruise out of? We will be on Royal Caribbean if you need to know that.

Thanks to anyone who can help!! Believe me, we need it!! :p

I'm not sure if RCCL ever goes out of Pier 66, but I do know their building is down at Terminal 30, which is south of pier 66 and just south of the downtown area. It's a little further south from the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums, if that means anything to you. Terminal 30 is in the industrial, shipping area (not very romantic unless you used to be a merchant marine or in the shipping industry, LOL).

It's either 9 or 11 miles north of the airport along the secondary highway, 99. A hotel VERY close-by is the Silver Cloud, but if your'e going during baseball or football season, you're likely to see hefty rates.

I've recently heard (here) of the downtown/waterfront Marriott having a cruise program where they drop you off, but that's ALL I know.

And sadly I don't know of any downtown hotels that pick up at the airport; I've only noticed that the local-to-airport hotels in the city of Seatac have such shuttles. But Shuttle Express is an option, and you might find other things if you google things about Seattle and being a tourist. :)

OK so I'm not all that much help, but maybe I've given you info that can help find better stuff! :o

I did a 2 day pre-cruise stay in Seattle at the end of May and did quite a bit of research on your subject. Unfortunately I could not find any hotels that provided transportation from the airport and to the pier. The airport is a pretty good distance away from downtown so I guess that's why. Your options are pretty much taxis, shuttle express, or town cars. We ended up using Already There Towncars and were very pleased with there service. The total charge-airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to airport was $105.00. Don't miss seeing Pike Place Market if you have time!!

We are newbies when it comes to dealing with cruising out of Seattle. We don't know anything at all about the port, hotels, etc.

Does anyone know a decent hotel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that will pick us up from the airport and take us to the port the next day?

By the way, what is the name of the port the ships cruise out of? We will be on Royal Caribbean if you need to know that.

Thanks to anyone who can help!! Believe me, we need it!! :p

Good morning:) I am flying to Seattle on Oct 11th....sailing on the 12th.

My arrival is late and I just wanted a hotel at the airport.

I got the Radisson on HOTWIRE for 75.00:) It is very close to the airport.

I called the hotel directly and spoke to a really nice gal. They

have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and

she also told me they use another service for guests to the port

at the rate of 9.00 per person. I am happy with my hotel and

the price of everything.

Good luck with your search and have a great cruise:D

Oh, I sailed out of Seattle last summer too.....I stayed downtown and the area

is great...lots to see and do!

Good morning,

Here is a website that was recommend by someone from cruise critic. www.parksleepfly.com. They have lots of options. We are booked into the Sutton Suites for $139.00 which includes one night stay, park our car for the length of our cruise and transporation to/from the pier. Thought this was a pretty good deal. Good luck. Let me know what you think.

Bosslady:)

Karshrimp: I don't know if this will help or not but we are sailing on the Rhapsody on 8/22/08 and I called RCCL and asked what hotels they used and one was the Marriot at the airport. I had read on CC that someone had stayed there and the hotel had a shuttle that picks up at the airport and then got them a ride to the ship the next day. We stayed at the Marriot in Hawaii and are Marriot Rewards members so I am seriously considering using them when we go, unless the price is out of sight.

We looked at the Red Lion, which offered transfer to the Piers (30 or 66) as part of a package, but they were already booked for these offers on our travel dates. Check them out... Red Lion on 5th Avenue. There's a link from their site about their packages. They have another location nearer the airport, but I'm not sure they offer transfer to the pier.

We used Renaissance Seattle Hotel due to a great deal from Priceline... and Already There Town Car was great in getting us from SEATac to the hotel and to the port. Their site offers a $5 savings on the second trip, so your hotel to port could count for that. Charlotte was very helpful in booking, and Chris was our driver for both dates. How large is your party? We had four adults with 7 pieces of luggage... we ended up holding one suitcase in our laps in the backseat... Wasn't too much of an inconvenience. (Our eighth piece of luggage was packed inside another to allow more room for souvenirs on our return trip.)

We had a very late flight out of SEATac on our return... 11:00 pm, so we booked a Seattle excursion to get our luggage to the airport and burn a couple of hours. (I guess DH would have been holding that eighth piece of luggage in his lap in the front seat if we had used Already There for the return trip to the airport.)

The Moore. I will stay there again. Only $6 to the terminal. They will call you a cab.

You can take a cab for $35.00 to downtown.

The airport shuttle also drops you 3 Blks. away. $17 per person RT.

HEY. 3 Blks is most likely less than you will roll your luggage thru the airport.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d100544-r3558357-Moore_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

Archived