Christmas decorations???

Suitegurl

We have been on a number of Thanksgiving week and week after cruises, but never far into December. Can anyone tell me when the ships decorate for Christmas. We are looking at a couple of cruises in the month of December, but before Christmas week and would love to be there when the ships are decorated! Thanks.

We have been on a number of Thanksgiving week and week after cruises, but never far into December. Can anyone tell me when the ships decorate for Christmas. We are looking at a couple of cruises in the month of December, but before Christmas week and would love to be there when the ships are decorated! Thanks.

Was on the Glory on Christmas so I can't tell you when they dressed her up, but it was BEAUTIFUL

If your cruises were that late in November, I'm surprised they weren't already decorating. On one cruise, I was getting off the ship the last week of November, and they were starting the Christmas decorating that morning. I saw folks on tall ladders, lots of boxes of decorations.

Carnival Glory was decorated with swags of faux greenery and colorful ball ornaments. There was a giant decorated tree and gingerbread village in the Old Glory Atrium lobby along with a giant menorah. There was also a circular wire lighted tree on the f-deck.

People ask for pictures so I have a new link in my signature that goes to the holiday photos only.

We sailed the Triumph on the first sailing after the new year this year (1-6-07)....and all the decorations were down. I realize you were asking about before the holidays, but I thought I'd cover afterwards as well. If you want to see the decorations, they're down very early in January.

If your cruises were that late in November, I'm surprised they weren't already decorating. On one cruise, I was getting off the ship the last week of November, and they were starting the Christmas decorating that morning. I saw folks on tall ladders, lots of boxes of decorations.
I agree! On our Triumph cruise, Thanksgiving week 2001, the ship was being decorated the day we boarded the ship. The Legend was fully decorated on our 12/10/06 cruise.

I was on the Legend last New Years. The ship was not as done up as I thought it would have been. We are going on the Miracle this Christmas Eve for 9 days. I wonder if the ship will be more dressed up this year.

We sailed on the Pride last year...leaving the 10th of December. They were putting the decorations on as we boarded. Latin music was replaced by Christmas music in the elevators. I was surprised that the decorations were being put up so late. It did appear, though, that we had a change in Captains that week - so perhaps that's why it was late. And the CD might not have been there more than a couple of weeks either. The CD did have an extra Christmas show for us, too. That's the only cruise we've been on where there have been 4 shows that the dancers and singers have been involved in. They were all excellent!

Back in 2004, we were on the Conquest's November 7th cruise and they were putting the Christmas decorations up as we boarded. I don't remember them starting the Christmas music then, though. (This was great as it allowed us to get Cruise picture Christmas Cards...they were very reasonable, too.)

Archived