Mini-Suites: Do you get priority embarkation and disembarkation?

sdwilson

I made him tell me twice too!!!! His last statement was "Yes, You do get Priority embarkation and disembarkation"

On Carnival we did, and on RCCL we did not! So, I thought it could go either way.

Both on Golden and Grand we did not get priority embarkation although we were in mini's. Yes, both times the Princess agent confirmed we WOULD get it. It's not the first time, unfortunately, that we've gotten incorrect info from a Princess agent (e.g. balcony cabins do not have tubs only mini and above, although an agent kept insisting it would have a tub. My sister was NOT happy trying to bathe my 1 yr old niece in the shower.)

Yup, Largin is right. No priority anything in a mini. I am told the reason the agents think there is is that they are told that suites do have it but not that mini's are not really suites so they see the words mini suite and assume.

We booked a mini-suite on the Sapphire sailing to Alaska last month. They let in the very short Priority embarkation line because we were in a mini, but we were unable to use the Priority disembarkation lounge to wait in, prior to leaving the ship.

No priority embarkation or disembarkation. Actually there isn't any priority disembarkation, just a lounge for suite passengers and those who are platinum or above.

Doesn't Princess now let full suite passengers choose when they want to disembark? As in they can be first off or not if they let the purser's desk know ahead of time?

As I recall, minisuites do get some onboard perks such as a welcoming glass of champagne and upgraded bedding, but now I'm thinking that Princess has started upgrading the bedding on all their ships?

Dolphin deck mini-suites on Grand Class Princess ships are sized approx. 9 ft. wide x 7.5 ft. deep. Balcony is fully uncovered i.e. no ceiling overhang for shade or shelter from rain.

In contrast, the regular balcony cabins above you on Caribe deck are sized 9 ft. x 9 ft. and the balcony cabins on the Baja, Aloha, etc. decks above are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Doesn't Princess now let full suite passengers choose when they want to disembark? As in they can be first off or not if they let the purser's desk know ahead of time?

As I recall, minisuites do get some onboard perks such as a welcoming glass of champagne and upgraded bedding, but now I'm thinking that Princess has started upgrading the bedding on all their ships?

If they do, then it's a fairly new thing as that was not an option that we had in November on our Crown sailing. I was in a mini for our March Crown sailing and we were one of the first off as I had an early flight so I guess I didn't really think about it.

I guess we'll have to see what some suite passengers say who sailed recently since we know that if we call Princess we can't rely on the answer anyway!

Archived