Air Choices from Bangkok to NY/Newark

shifty

We're on the Nautica 2/8-2/29 Sydney to Bangkok cruise & would like to arrange an air deviation. What airlines have the best flight schedules from Bangkok back to the NYC area (including Newark)? I realize that non-stops are probably impossible, but would like to avoid multiple stops, plane changes etc. What are the chances Oceania will allow such "deviations" with only the air deviation fee?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Mike S

I am on Jal out of Bangkok..with a good schedule..check them..

Also, I can almost guarantee if you choose your own flights via deviation there will be an additional fee from Oceania..

Jan

Continental has a nonstop from Hong Kong to Newark. At least one other airline has a nonstop too, but I'm not sure which one. So an option would be to fly to one of these flights within Asia and then nonstop to NY/NJ.

Singapore Airlines has a non stop flight to Newark which we took 2 years ago. It is on a 340 airbus and they have put less seats in economy so that there is more leg room. It was a very comfortable flight.

I would fly from Bangkok to Singapore and connect with this flight. It takes 17 hours and is the longest non stop flight in the world. It leaves Singapore around 11am or so in the morning and gets into Newark around 5.30pm in the evening. Singapore airlines are a great airline to fly with and you have every comfort available in the cabin. There is even a lounge area at the back of the plane where you can stand and have something to eat.

Jennie

There are a number of choices of airline from Bangkok to New York and which airline you prefer may depend on which frequent flyer programs you are aligned with. (assuming you get frequent flyer points on Cruise Air?)

The only non-stop flight between Bangkok and New York is offered by Thai Airways (17 hours). Of the other possible airlines, timewise it makes little difference whether you fly via a point in Asia or Europe as travelling time is just over 21 hours whichever route you choose. Some of the major airlines you could use include the following:

STAR ALLIANCE (associated with UA/US)

Thai Airways (non-stop)

United Airlines (1 stop via San Francisco)

Singapore Airlines (1 stop via Singapore)

Lufthansa (1 stop via Frankfurt)

Austrian Airlines (1 stop via Vienna)

SAS (via Copenhagen)

Swiss (via Zurich)

ANA (1 stop via Tokyo)

ONE WORLD (associated with AA)

Cathay Pacific (1 stop via Hong Kong)

Japan Airlines (1 stop via Tokyo)

British Airways (1 stop via London)

Finnair (1 stop via Helsinki)

SKY TEAM (associated with DL/CO)

Air France (1 stop via Paris)

KLM (1 stop via Amsterdam)

Korean Airlines (1 stop via Seoul)

NWA/Continental (1 stop via Tokyo)

It is a long flight whichever you go. While the non-stop flight with Thai Airways will cut at least five hours off your travel time, this flight does not leave Bangkok until 1am which is a horrid time to fly out, so I would probably choose one of the other options.

Cheers,

Kiwifruit

Archived