Should I book this cruise?

I am thinking of doing the 11 night cruise on Empress in Feb/08 but I am a little worried that with the ship changing hands in March that things will not be up to par. What are your thoughts, has anyone been on a cruise a week or two before a ship is sold, do they start to run out of things?

I actually booked this cruise a few weeks ago and had the exact same concerns. I did end up changing my reservation to the Serenade sailing on 1/26. There were a few other thing I took into consideration for the change - we are going to be diamond by then so I will look forward to the COncierge lounge on Serenade and it is not available on the Empress (at least from what I have been told). Also we prefer the lager rooms available on Serenade.

Personally, it is all about what you feel is important during your cruise. I just thought I would tell you my thoughts when I made the change.

When you say do they start to run out of things, do you mean food or something else? If it's food then I don't think so because every week they reload the ship. I doubt they would diminish the quality of the cruise just because the ship is being sold.

We were on the next to the last cruise prior to a re-positioning--not quite the same, I know. But--the entertainers were tired, and it showed. The staff was as helpful as ever, tho.

It wasn't a bad experience, but it could have been a bit better. I'm sure you will still get your money's worth!

Archived