Navigator Suites 930 to 939 Noise

We were on the Navigator -- suite 837 in April of this year -- and on the Voyager -- under the pool deck last year so this is kind of a calculated guess.

The Navigator, in general, is less soundproof than the Voyager (not bad -- just could hear a little through the walls). When on the Voyager, the scraping of chairs and the noise from the few children running back and forth were noticeable in the cabin. On both ships, the sound of the ship moving through the water blocked out sound on the balcony (but we tend to be on the balcony early in the morning or in the evening). The only balcony noise was when people next door are outside talking (did not happen often but can happen in any cabin on any deck).

Hope this helps a bit:)

Wellllllll, we were on the Voyager last summer [Cabin 955 I think] which was a Penthouse right at the elevator and under the pool deck.

We never heard a peep from the elevator loby, HOWEVER, at around 6 AM every morning we were awakened by the crew moving [shoving] the deck furniture around and setting up the area. Whenever my husband called the reception desk to ask them if they could get them to hold off, whomever he got on the phone that day acted like they had never heard of the problem before and that it would be taken care of immediately. It never was.

The short answer here is if you can be somewhere other than under the pool deck, do it.

Hope this helps.

Marsha

We are booked in 939 for June 2008; I would be most anxious to hear from anyone who has stayed in that suite regarding pool noise.

We just returned from Venice--Athens on the Navigator, Suite 800, it was wonderful. This was our 4th Cruise with Regent--we're spoiled!

We are booked in 939 for June 2008; I would be most anxious to hear from anyone who has stayed in that suite regarding pool noise.

We just returned from Venice--Athens on the Navigator, Suite 800, it was wonderful. This was our 4th Cruise with Regent--we're spoiled!

Just looked at the deck plan for decks 9 and 10. Your suite is directly below the area where the chairs and chaise lounges are by the pool. So, the chance of hearing scraping of chairs is about 100%. The moving of chairs begins very early in the morning. Any chance you could get back to deck 8? We were in 837 a couple of months ago -- really enjoyed being on that deck (compared to our previous experience on the Voyager -- under the pool deck).

We are on 9 beacuse we want a Navigator suite and they are all there.

There is one on 11---1125, I have asked my TA to find out the difference; we will probably change to that one. We are fairly early risers but I know the noise would be a bother no matter what time.

A bit off topic, but we were on the Paul Gauguin just below the part of the pool deck where Siglo (the band) plays. We could hear the music well late some evenings, but certainly not the worst cruise problems in the world. I never heard deck chairs scraping at 6:00 AM, because a nuclear blast won't wake me at 6:00 AM!

Bottom line, the fact that a suite is right below the pool deck is a negative factor in its selection, but, depending on other factors, it might not be a "dumb move" to book it. Example: If it is the only mid-ship suite available and you are going to be cruising in waters that often are rough.

We just returned from the Med cruise and were in 935. Originally booked in 1125 and changed when we saw pictures of the cabin.

There is some noise from people moving chairs from time to time. More on a sea day. Occassionally you can hear someone running. All in all we were not at all bothered by the noise. We never heard noise on our deck.

I would not really worry about it....there was a day when they were cleaning up there during the day and it was more noticeable for a while..but really, not a big deal.

We also were able to look into suite 1125 and able to confirm that although square footage quoted by Regent is not that much less, it looks alot smaller...there are windows in bedroom instead of doors and the sofa is not wrap around. Personally, I am glad we switched.

It appears that they refurbished these suites...at least the 900 ones...flat screens and aparently new fixtures. Very nice inside.

If you go with these suites and the timing is right, our Butler; Gupta, was phenomenal as was the stewardess; Lissan.

The only complaint we had at all was that it was really hot in Greece, Turkey and some of Italy (well over 100) and the aircon was not the best if you happen to be on the side of the ship sitting in the sun most of the day. Once thngs cooled down, no problem.

I will be posting info on a couple of tours and guides later if interested (for the Athens- Monte Carlo run).

Hope this helps.

Peter

Thank you so much for your input and thoughts on 1125; I thought about changing to that suite but was afraid of the size. I'm sure we'll be fine in 939.

Our Butler was Delfim--also a delight.

In 800 the AC was great in the living room area but not as good in the bedroom; Greece was very hot but we live in the Caribbean so we're somewhat accustomed to it.

Thanks again.

I was moved to 801 after my suite on 6 flooded on my last cruise. Loved the wrap around balcony, but I have to admit I was disappointed in the cramped feel of the suite and the added motion I felt there. The bedroom was private but felt kind of dark. The dining table would have been nice if I'd eaten any meals in the cabin. Same with the half-bath...if I hadn't been sailing solo. The expresso machine was nice for wakeup coffee. Except for the butler, I didn't see any real advantage over the standard suite considering the huge cost difference.

So it's back to deck 6 for me.

JoAnne B

Well,I guess each person has their own value perception and cost/benefit analysis. For some of us the cost difference is not the only or primary factor that influences our decision.

And, as you say, if one is travelling with another, the dining table and extra half bath can be nice features. We have not stayed in 801 so I cannot comment on it being cramped but this is hard to believe given the pictures and our experience in the Navigator Suites.

Archived