Leaving from Port Liberty?

PhillyTom

There is a group of us leaving on 08/26/07 from Port Liberty on the EOS. This is our first time leaving from the NY/NJ Port. We've hired a private shuttle to transport us to the Port. Upon our arrival, is it pretty easy finding the "Check-in" area or registration building. We're leaving from the Philly area heading to the Port.

We were there in June, and it was very difficult to find anyone who could show us where find luggage porters. It was 11:30 AM and the area was quite conjested with debarking pax. Most of the luggage was outgoing, not ingoing. Look for ladies with florescent yellow vests on. They should be able to point you in the right direction. You have to enter a tent- like area to access the check in. From that area, you are bussed to the ship which is probably at least 3/4 mile away. Also, there was a terrible traffic jam starting at the .5 mile to the dock sign. Probably at least a 30 minutes hold up. We'd love to go back to Bermuda again in a couple of years, but hope we can embark from some other port!

You have to enter a tent- like area to access the check in. From that area, you are bussed to the ship which is probably at least 3/4 mile away. Also, there was a terrible traffic jam starting at the .5 mile to the dock sign. Probably at least a 30 minutes hold up. We'd love to go back to Bermuda again in a couple of years, but hope we can embark from some other port!

What the (insert NJ expletive)?

i guess the answer to the poster's question would be...YES, it's easy to FIND. but then the explanation above...yowzers! "bussed to the ship"...that's just insane! unless they reconfigure the check-in location...not sure i'm gonna wanna leave from Port Liberty. geez!

We have left fromn Cape Liberty and it was not a problem at all. You check in, there are plenty of seats for everyone. They then call your number or color of tag(cannot remember) you are transported by a bus which is about 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile to the ship. Remember this is a industrial port. Frankly it was quite easy and we had no problems at all.

Marilyn

We sailed the EOS last year out of NJ. If I remember it said boarding starts at 1pm thats when we got there. We were on the ship 30 min. later. I thought it was a better ride and a little easier then the NY pier. If things are still the same right lane is going to park and left lane is for drop off of pass. and luggage.

There is a group of us leaving on 08/26/07 from Port Liberty on the EOS. This is our first time leaving from the NY/NJ Port. We've hired a private shuttle to transport us to the Port. Upon our arrival, is it pretty easy finding the "Check-in" area or registration building. We're leaving from the Philly area heading to the Port.

PhillyTom,

Do you mind if I ask which shuttle service you are using. We departing from Port Liberty in September. we will need to get from Manhattan to the Port Liberty, but I can't seem to find an economical way to get there. Any advice would be appreciated.

What the (insert NJ expletive)?

i guess the answer to the poster's question would be...YES, it's easy to FIND. but then the explanation above...yowzers! "bussed to the ship"...that's just insane! unless they reconfigure the check-in location...not sure i'm gonna wanna leave from Port Liberty. geez!

We cruise quite often and find the embarkation system at Cape Liberty to be the best and fastest we've experienced. The bus ride from the terminal to the ship is about 5 minutes or so. Quick and easy.

Dear Mickeyd

We are using a local shuttle service working out of the metro Philly area.

We rent a small shuttle bus (usually seats about 20 people) to drive us to and from Port. Costing us $60.00 round trip from suburbs of Philly (tip included).

Archived