Cabin Temperatures

DH likes it cold, I like it warm. So, of course he puts the thermostat on the lowest setting which makes him comfortable. The last morning of our cruise (last Saturday), it was freezing in our cabin. The room stewards had taken away our robes the night before. So, I ended up putting on sweats and a sweatshirt :eek: On all 6 cruises I've sailed, I've always been able to adjust the temp.

Happy Sailing!! :D

We have only had an occasional problem with the temp control in our cabins.

On some of the older ships we would find that we couldn't get the temp down when we were in port.

Other than that, the thermostats have always had enough range for us.

Charlie

Most of the time we are able to get the cabin to a comfortable temperature but twice on Holland America we could not get the temp. below about 76-78. That is way too warm for me to be able to sleep. They came in to the cabin several times to try to make some adjustment but it never improved. They did bring us a fan but after one night they took it back, after several calls we were able to get the fan back. Although we have enjoyed Holland Am. cruises we refuse to go back to them. They did bring us a plate with 5 chocolates for our inconvenience. We did not want, nor expect, any monetary compensation, we just wanted the cabin cooler.

One other reason for not going back to HAL, and this is unrelated to cabin temps, is that they messed up a post cruise stay in Barcelona arranged by HAL. They had us scheduled to leave the hotel a full day before our flight-also arranged by HAL. The HAL rep. at the hotel refused to pay for the additional night and all flights were filled on the day they had us scheduled to leave the hotel. Fortunately the hotel had a vacancy and allowed us to stay, at our expense. We kept receipts for hotel and after 3-4 months we did get a reimbursement for the extra night spent in the hotel but did not cover any of the extra meals. No apologies were offered, they acted like it was our fault.

Archived