Pencil Eyeliner that doesn't fade???

I absolutely LOVE the self-sharpening eyeliner pencils from Avon (can't remember what they are called, but you don't need to sharpen them-they twist up). I don't really use any of their other makeup, but have to have the pencils. You don't need a sharpener, they stay on all day/night. I buy them on sale for about $3. I buy a bunch in black and brown when they go on sale. Both my daughters love them also.

I can't recommend a liner but rather have a couple of tips.

I take a tiny bit of face powder and place it below my lash line, making sure not to get it in my eye, line my eyes and it stays all day. On my upper lids I apply the liner directly then set with pressed powder.

Has worked for me for years.

I've tried so many (Chanel, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden) and the BEST one that doesn't fade (on me, anyway) is Cover Girl! (Who would've thought?) RachieLynn, I haven't tried that waterproof one by Chanel. I'd certainly like to give it a try as I like most other Chanel products.

I'll add another recommendation to the pile. Chanel Aqua Crayon. I put it on in the morning and it doesn't come off until I use eye makeup remover at night, the stuff does not budge or rub off all day.

I also take a very fine brush, I use a Chinese art brush, it's flat and slanted, the bristles are very soft, dip it in my darkest color eyeshadow and go over the line, to soften and smudge it. The art brush works better and costs about a third of what a fine makeup brush would cost.

I have a real problem with eyeliner. I have tried them all. I like the convenience of a pencil. I use Guerlain. They have nice colors and are long-lasting. If I get a good clean line, then within hours, the color just transfers up to the crease, which gets more crinkly every day. I have tried liquid (just can't get the hang of it) kohl powder with a wand (looks the best, but melts away)and the old trick of wetting eyeshadow and brush and applying. I guess I look better with eyeliner, but it just looks awful by mid-day. I have also done the translucent and pressed powder route.:(

--Judy

We live in Florida and I have found that all pencils melt over the day. I'm now using a Cargo cake eyeliner that I apply with a bit of water and an eyeliner brush. It stays on all day and it doesn't look too harsh.

I'd vote against the permanent eyeliner. I have a friend who tatooed her eyes about 15 years ago and it now looks WAY too harsh, plus her eyes have changed with age so the eyeliner isn't flattering anymore.

Seems every pencil eyeliner I buy just "disappears" in an hour or two. Does anyone use a pencil liner that they love?? :confused: Thanks!

I used to use L'oreal automatic eye pencils, til I discovered their liquid eyeliner :) lasts all day like you just put it on!

The pencils are great if you cant get hang of liquid liner....

yesterday..there was an eyliner..new concept..gel liner..$5..seems a good price..anyone used one?..I use NY pencil..less than a buck..foundation, light powder to matte..line with it sharpend to a point, powder again, and repeat..lasts a day for me..also got a 5X mirror, with tiny suctions cups, to stick to lg or BR mirror..can really see the process,, and swab off any lash or liner particles. works for me. I also have/and still use a soft tip pen that is shaped like a Japanese ink brush.., no hairs tho...lines really sharp..but is not dark enuff for me even w/2 apps.

I just started using Jane Iredale products and I'm very happy with them. I have a pencil crayon on charcoal for my upper lid and an olive green for lower lash line. I think like anything, the most important thing is to have a good base to apply to. If you moisturize around your eyes too much before you put it on, it may not stay on as well and even smudge.

I actually love Smudge Pots by Stila. It's not a liquid, but you do have to apply it with a brush. However, this stuff does not crease or come off at all during the day. I love it!! I've always had trouble with smudging eyeliner--every brand imaginable. But these little pots last forever and are amazing!

Check out permanent makeup. It's really not permanent- like a tattoo. Most of my eyebrows are gone. I started the permanent makeup about 4 years ago. Unlike a tattoo, it gradually fades away and it has to be redone in about a year. When it is first done it will look dark for the first couple weeks and then gets to the color you chose. Again, it gradually fades and needs to be redone. I'd say absolutely NO to tattoo. There are many makeup artists that do permanent makeup. The initial cost can be around $300. My yearly touchups runs $50.

I have permanent eyeliner that I've had about 3 years and love it. I always had a problem with my eyeliner looking good for couple of hours and that was it. I probably will need to get mine touched up here fairly soon as it has faded somewhat.

For the money, Glimmersticks from Avon (they are the ones that twist up, so no sharpening) or Forever Makeup Waterproof Eyeliners.

The Glimmersticks are the BEST!!! They also come in waterproof which are usually only available in the summer. My daughter's dance group used to use them and they really held up with alot of intense sweaty dancing going on!!!!:D

My make-up thoughts on this...years ago I saw on the Today Show where they were doing summer make-up tips (because of your same dilema, heat making make-up fade)... so they showed bronzers, etc...and they said instead on pencil eyeliners, you use eyeshadows with a VERY fine brush..the brush itself was $20 and ever since I saw this I use shadow for liner as opposed to pencils....SUCH a big difference...a softer look and lasts all day. I truly have been happy wth this affect. And great for night looks on the smoky eye look.

Archived