Cruise Credits?

kimstoess

I have been on Two Celebrity Millenium Cruises. One in 2002 and another in 2004. I just booked another cruise for next month. It says online that I am a classic member. I was in a suite for both of these cruises and they were both 14 night cruises. Shouldn't I have 6 cruise credits or maybe I am reading these posts wrong....

Thanks for all of your help.

Kimberley

I think it should be 6 --2 because it is a longer trip & one for the suite..that's what it has traditionally said in the materials-- we always get 2 for concierge class so I expect the suites do as well...check with your TA..save your cruise card..we always do

I'm not sure of your 2002 cruise - I can't remember when they started giving the extra credits for longer cruises and suites. I know that our fall 2001 14 day transatlantic did not receive an extra credit for cruises over 14 days because it was prior to the date they set for the extra credits.

I have always received two credits for voyages of 12 days or longer.

I could never understand the reasoning for giving "sailing" credits based on cabin type rather than sailing days. Giving a person sailing in concierge for three days 2 sailing credits while a person on a balcony on an 11 day sailing gets one... But then Princess gives one sailing credit for a world cruise.

Marketing people must have different math skills than the general populace.;)

Based on the new system you would have 6.

But I think the extra credits for suites was when they added conciege class, I think that was after 2002.

But based on that you should be SELECT with 5 credits, you did not have your captains club number on your second cruise.

If you call the captains club today they will tell you exactly what credits you have.

Unfortunately if your # was missing they won't give you back those credits.

Dave:eek:

I recently called Captain's Club regarding my last cruise that I got no credit for. I had booked CC for 7 nights and paid in full. The cruise was cancelled about 2 weeks out so I instead cruised 5 nights in a suite. I get no credit because the cruise was "complimentary". They also have no record of a 7 night I took in '05 on Zenith but it seems like they are trying to be "kinder and gentler". Previously I had been told that the computer records didn't go back that far....too bad. This week I was told to fax them a photo of us getting on the ship with the date and I would get credit. Time will tell. The strange thing is that when I moved a couple of years ago I still had charge slips from that cruise but tossed them because they were not enough proof....go figure!

Archived