Rum Cakes

waiting4acruise

There's a Tortuga rum cake/rum shop right in the port area. It's to the right of the port. If I remember correctly, it's right before you get to the Hard Rock. The front of the store faces the ocean.

We bought rum cakes (I think they were Blackbeards) at Breezes restaurant, which is located right in the center of town and at the food area at the turtle farm. Our favorite was Hook (which I think is Blackbeard's) hurricane flavor. It's choc and vanilla swirl.

Tortuga has three sizes, I believe. Tiny, a bit bigger and a large one. They also have a box that holds 6 of the smaller rum cakes, and it comes with a handle which makes it easy to carry.

There's also a Tortuga rum cake/rum shop not too far from the turtle farm.

I don't know where the cheapest place would be, they all seemed to be priced the same, or at least that's what I remember.

The first time we visited GC, we were on a cruise ship, and we bought Tortuga rum cakes on the ship. They were a bit more expensive, but we didn't have to haul them around while we were in port. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Tortuga shop in town will send your purchases directly to the ship, but I am not completely sure of that.

We've also found Tortuga rum cakes in Key West and in most of the ariport in Florida.

Most of the shops with Liquor also have Tortuga rum cakes..... all the shops are the same price

Several shops near the dock carry them

Check their prices online

Twinkletoes is right ... they are in most of the Florida airports too, sometimes you even see them "on sale". You can them online too www.tortugarumcakes.com (altho I am not sure about price either. I assume shipping would make it more).

But wherever you get them, they are yummy! ... we get the 6 variety pack of the smaller ones - they are the perfect size for two to split for dessert. Warm 'em up and put vanilla ice cream on top.:)

We bought ours on the ship. They were $27.50 for the six pack....same price as just about every store where we saw them.

After we got home, my daughter saw them at her local Publix in Orlando!

Twinkletoes is right ... they are in most of the Florida airports too, sometimes you even see them "on sale". You can them online too www.tortugarumcakes.com (altho I am not sure about price either. I assume shipping would make it more).

But wherever you get them, they are yummy! ... we get the 6 variety pack of the smaller ones - they are the perfect size for two to split for dessert. Warm 'em up and put vanilla ice cream on top.:)

Yummmm...you're making me hungry!!!

We think the next time we go to GC we're just going to order them online and have them shipped to our house. It will cost more with the shipping charges, but everyone loves them, and I am tired of lugging a suitcase of them home with me. So we'll pass them out, and no one will know that we didn't bring them back ourselves...well, except everyone here knows my secret! :)

If anyone is interested, I just bought directly off the website and orders are 20% off with any order over $50. I just bought all my friends/family gifts and will be delivered to my house so i don't have to haul it all home. ;)

Tortugas are more expensive than the Balckbeard brand. The taste is the same and they have similar flavors. If you go to the shopping center closest to the pier (the one with the birds inside- sorry I can't remember the name) the have a sampling cart for the Blackbeard brand. And I think they had the better prices definately compared to Tortuga brand

Archived