Mercury OV cabin layout

stace11

Forgive me is this is already answered in another thread, but I couldn't find the answer using the search feature. I am looking to book an oceanview cabin on Mercury for this fall and I had a question from those of you who have already sailed her as to what the cabin layout it like. I have seen conflicting pictures. Are the beds set up where the head of the bed is against the wall with the window or are they set up like the balcony rooms where they are perpendicular to the entry door and there may be a seating area by the window?

It's certainly not going to keep me from booking....just want to know what to expect. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

stacey

Hi Stacey:) good to see you again!

I think the regular ocean view is where the bed is set up under the window.

I have had a couple of them on Century and that was the set up.

I think the basic window cabins are the same way on Mercury.

When in the fall are you sailing?

Hi Lois! Good to see you as well. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for the info on the bedding.

Mom and I just put a deposit down on the 11/2 Pacific Coastal sailing. I think I remember reading you were sailing out west again this fall....am I right?

I am looking to book an oceanview cabin on Mercury for this fall and I had a question from those of you who have already sailed her as to what the cabin layout it like. I have seen conflicting pictures. Are the beds set up where the head of the bed is against the wall with the window or are they set up like the balcony rooms where they are perpendicular to the entry door and there may be a seating area by the window?

You didn't mention which category of oceanview you booked, and that's important. We have stayed in a Category 5 oceanview on the Mercury and in that category the windows are larger and the bed (2 pushed together) is perpendicular to the entry door. I would imagine the Category 4's are the same, just one deck higher but less midship.

In the lower category oceanviews there is a smaller window and the bed(s) is under the window.

The desk arrangement is different/better in the higher categories, too.

Hi Stacey:)

Yes, I am going in October. We keep missing each other.

Hopefully one day we will be on the same cruise again!

The desk arrangement is different/better in the higher categories, too.

Thanks gillian. I assume by higher categories you mean cat 4-5 (higher on the ship), rather than the higher numbers of 6-8 (lower on the ship)? Just want to be clear.

We are currently booked in Cat 4. I like the beds when the head are under the window, but I think the location of the Cat 4 outweighs my preferences.

Thanks for the info.

Stacey

P.S. Lois---one day we will sail together again! :D

Archived