another Barcelona ??

LHT28

sorry just stressing trying to decide to do the TA next year :confused:

Anyone on a previous cruise that arrived in Barcelona on the same day as disembarkation...

Says that the ship docks at 8 am there is a flight at 9:50 am is that doable??

I am thinking the ship usually docks earlier than stated and if the airport is not too far ......or should we just stay overnight.

Usually DH just wants to get home.

To LHT28,

Have you been to Barcelona before? We will be there for the fourth time in November. There is always something to see which we didn't on the other times we docked there. Why sweat the rush to the airport???? Stay over an extra night.

Sheila

You are certainly not leaving enough time to get to the airport and check in for a 9.50am flight.

Nowadays you need to be at the airport nearly 3 hours before an International flight with all the checks etc. and in the morning traffic of Barcelona I doubt if you would get there much before 9am even if you left the ship right on the dot of 8am. You would have to find your luggage, get a taxi etc.

Barcelona is such a great city that an overnight stop would not be a chore.

Jennie

I don't believe it is doable. We found out last year that you must be at the ticket counter a full 2 hours before the flight's departure. We passed through the first security checkpoint at 11:50am for a 2pm and then had to stand in line at the ticket counter. Finally, we got to the ticket counter at 12:04pm and were denied a ticket and boarding for that flight, which so happen to be the last flight from CDG to the states that day. So, we had to begin searching for a flight the next day, which turned out to be the day after that.

So, the short of it, is I don't think you can get off the ship at 8am and make a 9:50am flight. The overseas flight rules seem to be much tighter than those in the USA. Hey, don't fret though, at least in Europe you are not required to remove your shoes to pass through the 3-4 security checkpoints. Go figure? LOL

Thanks everyone

I didn't think it was possible for the same day return.

Plan "B" ;)

Lynda...

Plan "B" would have to be your option. On our last TA, the ship arrived early, but passengers weren't able to depart until at least 7:30 am. Therefore, we elected (quite some time prior) to stay overnight in Barcelona and had reserved at the Hilton.

We had a very early flight the next morning, but at 4 - 5 am, the Hilton had a line of at least 5 cabs waiting at the front. We were off - and an easy 20-30 minute drive at that hour got us to the airport. Barcelona is a "big" airport, and you certainly need quite some time for check-in and then trekking to your departure gate....

Have fun.....:)

Agree with the others..Not enough time to make that flight..

Stay the night..We stayed at the Silken Gran Havana, which was in walking distance of the main shopping area..It's condsidered a Superior, First Class Hotel..

Enjoy your cruise..:) Betty

Archived