Dining Poll - Do you like anytime dining?

DiazLoves2Cruise

In all my Princess cruises I haven't used Anytime Dining and, I was just wondering how many of you have made the switch from traditional to anytime - and if you'd recommend it

Shoot, forgot to add the poll and don't know how to get back to add it:mad:

In all my Princess cruises I haven't used Anytime Dining and, I was just wondering how many of you have made the switch from traditional to anytime - and if you'd recommend it

Shoot, forgot to add the poll and don't know how to get back to add it:mad:

Yes, my wife and I love anytime dinning. You may want to start a new thread, starting with the poll part first then it will take you to the text portion of the thread.

Ok, I'm new - what is anytime dining? When I booked my cruise today the Princess rep if I wanted early, late or anytime. I took late - did I make a mistake?

Tradtional is early or late seating.

Anytime you can go to one of the dinningrooms designated on your ship for anytime starting around 5:30. Anytime you don't have the same waiter or table every night.

Traditional you eat at the same time and same table everynight and have the same tablemates.

If you want traditional keep it. If not contact the T.A. and tell them you want anytime.

If you have never cruised, you might want to do Tradtional this time.

They will have a Baked Alaska parade one night.

They normally have Cherries Jubilee, and Bananas Foster on someother night.

Having the same waiter and asst. everynight they know what you like.

If you want traditional keep it. If not contact the T.A. and tell them you want anytime.

If you have never cruised, you might want to do Tradtional this time.

They will have a Baked Alaska parade one night.

They normally have Cherries Jubilee, and Bananas Foster on someother night.

Having the same waiter and asst. everynight they know what you like.

Ok thanks - I thought that's what it meant

We liked the flexibility of anytime dining, but we decided that we favored traditional over the anytime dining. To me, it seemed more like eating in a restaurant and less special. So on our next princess cruise which should be in 2008, we will be doing traditional.

We love the freedom of anytime dining. It allows to book shore tours that we might not normally take due to dining times in traditional dining, and, we find if we go later in the evening, we rarely have a wait

Count us in on this too, the flexibility to choose your own time offsets the benefits of regular table companions.

I love Traditional dinning. It is so nice to get to know people. Plus the waiters and asst quickly learn your likes and dislikes!

So far I've only had one iffy tablemate...that just makes it intresting

We just started it a few cruises ago and really like it.

We wont go back to traditional dining.

It is so much more flexible allievating fears of missing a deadline of an early or late seating.

When on a vacation stress should not enter the equation and when there are late tours or the hair does not curl just right and it takes longer then planned you have no fears of being denied dinner or sitting down and getting stares from fellow diners who had to wait for you before the waiter would take the order.

The Spencers

I've tried Anytime dining twice and it's just not for me. Long lines, long waits (even with a reservation), angry people, etc. are just not my cup of tea nor does having to wait up to 45 minutes (again even with a reservation) make it "flexible" in my book. To each his own and we all have choices. My preference is late traditional dining, a large table where we can meet others and get to know them. Some of the most interesting people I've met on cruises have been through sitting with them at dinner for a couple of weeks or longer.

Two thumbs up for "anytime" dining. If we find a waiter/waitress that we really like, we will make reservations for his/her section for the duration of the voyage. We've done this on two of our seven Princess cruises. We get a table for two at a time that is convenient for us and waitstaff with whom we develop a relationship. Best of "anytime" and "traditional" dining.

Chris

We have usually had Anytime Dining and prefer it to Traditional Dining. Not for the flexibility of timing that others enjoy, but the flexibility in choice of table position within the room. We try to get there 15-20 minutes after the doors open to avoid the starving masses.

Archived