1st Time Oceania - a Few General Questions

Golfette

What a relief to learn from a previous post that no formal clothes are required! Can the guys get away with wearing nice sport shirts & slacks & no jacket thruout the cruise?

How do you make reservations for the dining rooms? We had one dreadful experience with anytime dining on another line where we could only get very early or very late on any day in any of the ship's 4 alternate dining venues. How does this work on Oceania? Has anyone had any problems in this regard? Thanks for your help.

A nice shirt with collar and dress pants or dockers are fine....jeans are not

No jacket or tie required (some men choose to wear them)

On embarkation day if you are in concierge cabin ask your butler to make your reservations for the specialty dining or go to deck 10 aft and book your time slots.

You can always book in the Terrace at mealtimes for POLO or Toscana if you are flexible on the day & time

Dining room just show up...in most cases there is never a wait for more than a few minutes ...on the Captains party night everyone seem to show up at the same time to the dining room..that was the only night we had a problem

Tapas ...just show up

Enjoy your cruise

Yes, guys "can get away with" not wearing a jacket to dinner. Slacks and collared shirt works for me. We've been on Oceania twice, and although I took a blazer both times, I ended up wearing it only once.

I'll take a blazer again on our next Regatta trip, only for the off-chance we would be invited to dine at the Captain's table one night.

Anytime dining seems to work fine on Oceania - no need for reservations - just walk to the Grand Dining Room, tell the Maitre 'd what you prefer, and you'll be seated. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes, and on our last cruise, Istanbul to Singapore, were able to sit at the same table and have same wait staff most nights.

Reservations for the specialty restaurants are taken in Terrace Cafe, just inside the entrance. There is a steward at a station besides the bar.

Hi Druke..

Stu never wears a jacket to dinner with the Captain (he never brings one) and one time he forgot his socks at home..I wanted to crawl under the table!!

Regards,

Jan

Thanks for your replies. We are on the Concierge Deck (A3). I don't think we have a "butler," but is there a person who makes dinner reservations for the Concierge Deck in general?

Unfortunately, there is not. For the Concierge class of suites, the butler will take care of reservations, but you will find that it is just as easy to make your bookings this way....

When you first board, there will be someone at the desk in the Terrace. At other times, bookings can be made directly at the restaurant of your choice - usually for a few hours in the afternoon...

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We just returned from our first Oceania cruise a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it, however, we were not in a concierge class stateroom, so we had to stand in line for 1 hour after boarding the ship to place our reservations for the 2 specialty dining rooms. We were not happy. We later found out that we could have waited a day or two and made the reservation then, but we were of the understanding that space would be very limited. So be aware - the day of boarding there may be a line.

Archived