Rental Car Locations Miami

Hello Again,

Can anyone help me find a Budget car location near the Port of Miami. I will be staying at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa before our cruise on LOS. We are renting a car from the Miami Airport and want to return it as close to the port as possible. Every time I call Budget's Miami Airport location I get a Budget rep from California. All they do is read me all the Budget locations in Miami (which means absolutely nothing to me). I know I can return the car to the airport and take a taxi, but I thought someone on the board would be able to help with the location.

Thanks in advance!

Beth:confused:

We returned our rental car from budget to the airport and then they shuttled us over to the port free...it was the easiest thing...then they shuttled us back to the car rental when we came back in....because we didn't leave that day and needed a car rental.

Julie,

Thanks for your response. Last time I cruised the car rental companies couldn't get into the port with their shuttle buses because of the increased security. Has that changed? Taking the Budget shuttle from the airport to the port would be so much easier and cheaper than trying to take a taxi.

Beth

Julie,

Thanks for your response. Last time I cruised the car rental companies couldn't get into the port with their shuttle buses because of the increased security. Has that changed? Taking the Budget shuttle from the airport to the port would be so much easier and cheaper than trying to take a taxi.

Beth

I just did it the first of May had no problem...just note with the construction around the airport give yourself extra time to find the rental site...a little chanllenge....we went around circles for awhile.

Julie,

Thanks for taking the time to responsd to my question. Sounds like we will use the shuttle from the airport.

Beth

Your welcome and glad I could be some help. The shuttle was very easy to use. The only problem we had was finding the car rental place when we was returning our car...because we came in Orlando and drove to Miami and so had to return it to the Miami airport site and with construction it was a little hard...hope they are all done with the construction. Good luck on your trip and enjoy!

This one is closer to the cruise port.

665 S.W. 8TH STREET

MIAMI, FL 33130

Phone: 305-377-4410

You can see it on the map where the green arrow is - the Majesty of the Seas is visible at the cruise port just NE of map center. You may want to call them and see about shuttle service to the port though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=665+S.W.+8TH+STREET,+MIAMI,+FL+33130&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=58.209122,107.753906&ie=UTF8&ll=25.771219,-80.187492&spn=0.032773,0.052614&t=h&z=14&om=1

• 2 weeks later...

is all strange because I asked Budget if they have a free shuttle to the port and they said NO. Only ALamo, and thrifty did. i did not check Hertz since they are outrageous in price. I did call Avis, no shuttle. I did call ENterprise, no shuttle. YOu better check and see if they have a free shuttle to the port. Defeats the purpose of renting a car and then paying for a cab to the port.

WOW--can't believe original poster & us had the Same ridiculous experience. with Budget. We were in Fla 1 week pre-cruise on W coast, drove to Ft Laud to stay with a rel & planned to drop off our Budget rental at the Miami location. & take a cab to the port or the alleged free shuttle. Our relative told us it was a very tricky area & location & not in such safe a neighborhood so we called budget a day ahead to get directions. Never got anyone local & the local number we were given was never answered. We actually ended up taking the car back to FLL airport & taking shuttle express from there--much less of a hassle in a known location...cost more but what the heck! We use Budget quie a bit but this was not a very good expeprience for us--very frustrating that they don't even know where their own locations are!!!

Archived