Mariner Ques...Want to book shuttle transfer back to MCO airport

Was wondering if someone can shed some light.

While still on ON the Mariner of the Seas........I would like to book a shuttle transfer with Royal Carribean to get BACK to the MCO airport on departure day. Is the cruise line still selling Transfers on the last sea-day of the cruise and what is the cost to get that shuttle back to MCO airport? Someone recent on the MOS done this ? Did you have enough connection time, flight is going back out at noon. As well, are they rather efficient and lots of buses available upon exiting off the boat ? Enlighten me.

While still on ON the Mariner of the Seas........I would like to book a shuttle transfer with Royal Carribean to get BACK to the MCO airport on departure day. Is the cruise line still selling Transfers on the last sea-day of the cruise and what is the cost to get that shuttle back to MCO airport? Someone recent on the MOS done this ? Did you have enough connection time, flight is going back out at noon. As well, are they rather efficient and lots of buses available upon exiting off the boat ? Enlighten me.

Sorry, I know nothing about the shuttles they offer, but wanted to say that if you have a noon flight out, you may want to consider having a private shuttle company to pick you up and take you to MCO. That is an early flight and you may have to push it to get there in time if there are any delays getting off the ship. JMO

The cost of the shuttle through RCI is $32. pp one way. Not sure if you can get it while on the ship, but I think you can. We have an 11:30 flight from MCO and we are paying for a private shuttle to get us because of the time constraints. It is almost an hour drive from Port Canaveral to MCO. We plan to do express debarkation, and get our private shuttle ASAP. The problem with doing the ship shuttle is you will have to wait for it to fill up the whole bus and that could take some extra valuable time. Not sure what security is like at MCO, but on a Sunday morning with several ships in port, and who knows what else going on in central florida, I assume it will be somewhat backlogged like all the other florida airports.

2 private shuttles are: http://www.pricelesstransporation.com and http://www.cbshuttle.com/rates.htm. Not sure whiich one we are going with. Good luck.

We used CB SHUTTLE last week, Great people, They were there waiting for us.

www.cbshuttle.com

Just a work on caution on these guys: Their standard service is a shuttle with you and whoever else has booked them. This is not a private shuttle by default. Now, you CAN book them as a private shuttle, but the cost is much higher than the std costs quoted on the website.

The problem with standard shuttle service, is you are in line with whoever else booked them. I just got off the phone with these guys, and they said their first shuttle leaves the port to come back to the MCO airport at 9am, which puts you back at the airport no earlier than 10am.

If you book a private shuttle, it will be waiting for you when you get off the ship, and will leave as soon as you are all packed in the vehicle with your luggage.

Disclaimer on costs: If you are 1-2 people, the cost per person for a private shuttle is high. IF you are 3-4 people, it's about the same as taking a mass shuttle. If you are 5 or more people, it's actually cheaper to take a private shuttle. That, and the cars are nicer :cool:

We are a family of 5, and are taking either a van or a stretch limo to/from the port. The cost difference is about $80 total. Do, I'm heavily leaning towards the stretch limo since non of us, or our 3 boys have been in one yet in our lives :D

check out the Port Canaveral website (portcanaveral.org)... they have all the information you need, including a very extensive list of shuttles and transportation options to and from MCO.

The website has recently been redone and the 'cruising' section has an abundance of information for people cruising out of PC.

We just did this at the end of May. We had a 11:30a.m. flight back to DFW from MCO and rcl would not sell us shuttle transfers prior to boarding the Mariner. Rcl told us that the return flight had to be after 12:00. BUT- when you get onboard, go to the purser's desk (next day or 2) and ask to by transfers back to MCO. It is $32pp and they will sell them to you. I would not wait until the end of the cruise because the shuttle transfers may be full at that point.

TIP - if you are a diamond member or sailing in a suite, be sure and ask for the earliest departure (color tags) and you will be the first off the ship and be one of the first to load up on the shuttle bus to move out to MCO. We were off the ship at 7:40 a.m and on a bus that was just leaving for MCO. It all worked out great. We were at the MCO airport before 9a.m. and eating breakfast at the McDonalds.

I hope this info has helped you.

Just a work on caution on these guys: Their standard service is a shuttle with you and whoever else has booked them. This is not a private shuttle by default. Now, you CAN book them as a private shuttle, but the cost is much higher than the std costs quoted on the website.

The problem with standard shuttle service, is you are in line with whoever else booked them. I just got off the phone with these guys, and they said their first shuttle leaves the port to come back to the MCO airport at 9am, which puts you back at the airport no earlier than 10am.

If you book a private shuttle, it will be waiting for you when you get off the ship, and will leave as soon as you are all packed in the vehicle with your luggage.

Disclaimer on costs: If you are 1-2 people, the cost per person for a private shuttle is high. IF you are 3-4 people, it's about the same as taking a mass shuttle. If you are 5 or more people, it's actually cheaper to take a private shuttle. That, and the cars are nicer :cool:

We are a family of 5, and are taking either a van or a stretch limo to/from the port. The cost difference is about $80 total. Do, I'm heavily leaning towards the stretch limo since non of us, or our 3 boys have been in one yet in our lives :D

What company are you using ? (I have 5 also)

David:D

What company are you using ? (I have 5 also)

David:D

I haven't fully decided yet. There are several other posts on this topic, and they have some good links to them. I dont leave until March, so I have some time.

We rented a car from Budget instead of doing the shuttle. We were off the ship and through customs just after 8am. We waited 2 minutes for the Budget shuttle. Took less than 5 minutes to get to Budget, were on the road with our rental car around 8:30am. Were at the airport, in the checkin line for our airline before 9:30, was a piece of cake. We had a full size rental for less that $50.

Archived