Help with picking a balcony cabin in the Carribean Princess

sparky3229

I have read many posts about the balconies being bigger and partially covered/uncovered on the Caribe deck. Thank you all for that info. There is a handicapped room available on that deck. Is this a bigger room? It is near the base of the staircase, however, so I assume it could be noisy.

There is also a cabin available in the aft corner...not an aft cabin, but the last room on the "side" of the ship before the aft cabins. This would have less foot traffic in the hallway, but people talk about a beam near here??? And a loud A/C unit for the aft cabins...would this effect that corner cabin, does anyone know? There are other cabins along the corridor on this deck also. I was just curious about these particular ones.

Any other imput for Caribe deck balcony cabins would be aprreciated. This is for the Nov 4 sailing of the Eastern Carib. itinerary. Is there a better side of the ship?

And probably now a dumb question...are people calling this ship CB? Wouldnt it be CP?

Thanks in advance...

Sparky

I have read many posts about the balconies being bigger and partially covered/uncovered on the Caribe deck. Thank you all for that info. There is a handicapped room available on that deck. Is this a bigger room? It is near the base of the staircase, however, so I assume it could be noisy.

There is also a cabin available in the aft corner...not an aft cabin, but the last room on the "side" of the ship before the aft cabins. This would have less foot traffic in the hallway, but people talk about a beam near here??? And a loud A/C unit for the aft cabins...would this effect that corner cabin, does anyone know? There are other cabins along the corridor on this deck also. I was just curious about these particular ones.

Any other imput for Caribe deck balcony cabins would be aprreciated. This is for the Nov 4 sailing of the Eastern Carib. itinerary. Is there a better side of the ship?

And probably now a dumb question...are people calling this ship CB? Wouldnt it be CP?

Thanks in advance...

Sparky

It would be CP but the Sea Princess has those letters. The Coral Princess is CO, the Crown Princess is KP, and the Caribbean Princess is CB.

As for your question about the handicapped cabin personally I wouldn't take it if no one in your party does.

Always had cabins near elevators and stairways. Never had any problems with noise.

Bill

Why would you be looking at booking a handicapped accessible cabin if no one in your party is handicapped?

Handicapped accessible cabins are for pax with mobility devices and wheelchairs. These are the only cabins that have wider doorways so pax in wheelchairs can cruise. The doorways in regular cabins are too narrow for wheelchairs and most mobility devices.

Able bodied pax have hundred of cabins to choose from. Handicapped cruiser only have 21 cabins to choose from on this ship.

Please leave these handicapped accessible cabins for those less fortunate than yourself.

My post is not meant to be rude in anyway. I am just trying to educate able bodied people to the plights of the disabled.

Thank you.

Why would you be looking at booking a handicapped accessible cabin if no one in your party is handicapped?

Handicapped accessible cabins are for pax with mobility devices and wheelchairs. These are the only cabins that have wider doorways so pax in wheelchairs can cruise. The doorways in regular cabins are too narrow for wheelchairs and most mobility devices.

Able bodied pax have hundred of cabins to choose from. Handicapped cruiser only have 21 cabins to choose from on this ship.

Please leave these handicapped accessible cabins for those less fortunate than yourself.

My post is not meant to be rude in anyway. I am just trying to educate able bodied people to the plights of the disabled.

Thank you.

Perhaps the OP or the person sharing the OPs cabin is handicapped. The post does not specify. Why would you assume otherwise?

Guys, guys...it's OK...no offense taken. Neither of us are handicapped, and I wouldn't want to book a room that we didnt need the special use for...and they would have bumped us anyway I would think if we took it and a handicapped person needed it. No matter, since we wont reserve it anyway. I was surprised that the website I was looking at even offered that room in a general search. I havent cruised much, so maybe even if we chose that room, by the time we got to the point of paying, I would like to have HOPED they would have confirmed that we did indeed need a handicapped room. By all means they need to be saved for those who truly need them.

Any opinions on balcony cabins on theCaribe deck? I see that there are BA and BB priced balcony cabins on this level...what is the difference between them, since there is a difference in price. Do they ALL have the same size deck? Are they the same inside? Does it just depend on where on that floor they are located?

Is there a "best bang for your buck" type baclony cabin? A secret that only you Cruise Critic people know? (and would like to share with me?)

Any opinions on balcony cabins on theCaribe deck? If you can get a room on the Caribe deck, book it! The balconies are almost double the size of balconies on other decks. We love the half covered, half exposed setup. It allows us to get sun and socialize with other pax if we want or we can stay under the covered part for privacy.

I see that there are BA and BB priced balcony cabins on this level...what is the difference between them, since there is a difference in price. The only difference between the two categories is their location on the deck. The "BA" cabins are located midship and the "BB" or a little forward and a little aft.

Do they ALL have the same size deck? Yes, the balcony size will be the same unless you moved to another deck on the ship. For example...a "BA" on the Lido deck will not have the same size balcony as a "BA" on the Caribe deck.

Are they the same inside? Identical

Does it just depend on where on that floor they are located? The deck they are on has nothing to do with it. A "BA" located on the Caribe deck is the same price as a "BA" on the Lido deck. The price difference is due to the location on the deck.

Hope this helps you!

DH and I have been on 2 Princess cruises and have chosen a "BA" cabin on Caribe deck both times and now we're in the process of booking the Caribbean Princess for next May and are looking at two BA cabins again on Caribe. The location can't be beat - midship where you're less likely to feel a lot of sway. The balconies, however, are what make these cabins...extra large - room for a table, two side chairs and a lounger. We just love having room to have a nice continental breakfast each morning! And it doesn't bother us that the balcony is half open, we love saying good morning to our neighbors not only on each side but up above too!!!

Guys, guys...it's OK...no offense taken. Neither of us are handicapped, and I wouldn't want to book a room that we didnt need the special use for...and they would have bumped us anyway I would think if we took it and a handicapped person needed it. No matter, since we wont reserve it anyway. I was surprised that the website I was looking at even offered that room in a general search. I havent cruised much, so maybe even if we chose that room, by the time we got to the point of paying, I would like to have HOPED they would have confirmed that we did indeed need a handicapped room. By all means they need to be saved for those who truly need them.

Unfortunately, from what I've read it doesn't work that way :( . Once the cabin is booked, it's booked and they don't even check that anyone needs the cabin. It is a shame that they show up as available cabins on the site you're looking at. I'm glad to hear that you wouldn't book one of these cabins, but some people see that they're bigger and book them. They don't realize that in most of these cabins the beds can't be put together and the bathroom has a roll in shower (water everywhere!).

I agree with everyone else! The Caribe balcony cabins are the best. Personally, we like a Caribe balcony that's close to the laundromat (yes, I do laundry on a cruise :D !) and fairly close to the stairs and elevators.

Check the deck plan and see what's important for you to be close to:) .

Have a great cruise!

Archived