Do Guarantee Stateroom Assignments Ever Get Changed

I just received my stateroom assignment and was wondering if that is the room I will get for sure or if it could still change before we sail. I still have 58 days until we leave. I like the room they gave me but am just curious as to whether or not it could still get changed. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I've never done a guarantee booking, but many folks on here have said their cabin was different the day they boarded the ship, even though they had their cabin number earlier.

I was told by the travel agent that my assigned room will not change. We booked a suite on Celebration (V4) and the TA said that suites are guaranteed room assignment. I certainly hope this is the case because I do not want a suite with an obstructed view. It is a whole lot of money to have a lifeboat in front of the balcony. The only reason I booked V4 is because it was an not obstructed view. I would not have booked a room with an obstructed view.

I've never done a guarantee booking, but many folks on here have said their cabin was different the day they boarded the ship, even though they had their cabin number earlier.

Cotton, I think that was more prevalent in the "old" days when people used certain tricks on the Carnival site to find out what their cabin was. Those assignments were "unofficial" and subject to change right up to sailing.

I think if you have official documentation with a cabin number on it, that is pretty much it.

We had been booked for a specific room on a recent trip that we had taken on the Carnival Legend. This booking was made 3/4 of a year before the cruise. Three days before our cruise, Carnival notified our travel agent, (but never informed us) that since we were frequent cruisers we were to be upgraded to a suite. Our travel agent thought it would be a pleasent suprise and never informed us of this upgrade.

In any case the upgrade was not a suite, but simply a room, stuck in the stern of the ship that nobody else wanted. In addition, our luggage was tagged for our original room. After much debate, Carnival relented and gave us our old room back.

Because of this experience we, and our travel agent, do not trust Carnival in respect to any upgrades. I would certainly check, up into the last moment, to make sure that Carnival has not switched rooms. It is very stressful to arrive at the port and at the time of check-in to discover that Carnival had been playing musical chairs with the rooms

Cotton, I think that was more prevalent in the "old" days when people used certain tricks on the Carnival site to find out what their cabin was. Those assignments were "unofficial" and subject to change right up to sailing.

I think if you have official documentation with a cabin number on it, that is pretty much it.

Thx, Duck, wasn't aware of that. I think I'll just start saying "Ask the Duck!":D

We'll just get people caught in an endless loop because I have no problems saying "Ask Cotton". ;)

Way OT here Duck, but I'm pretty sure the WKRP quote in your signature was by "Arthur" Carlson... ;) :D (one of the funniest episodes ever, IMO)

We just booked a OV GTY on the Elation for the end of August, and don't have a cabin assignment yet. Since the Elation doesn't have any balconys except for suites, any "upgrade" would be a matter of change of deck, so I'm not really concerned about that. But I was wondering if they have the cabin assignments all figured out before the date we leave, or are they still assigning cabins as people are arriving? It is a good idea for us to arrive to port as early as possible to get a "better" cabin assignment?

This is only our 3rd cruise, and the other two were GTY balcony, and always a nice view, but WITHOUT kids. We need a room with 2 pull down beds. Are most cabins equipped with those pull down beds, or is it likely they will assign us a cabin rather quickly. Just a note, I booked online, through that well known car club group, (trying not to break a TA rule), so I haven't actually spoken with a TA, but I can call them at any time.

Comments? Suggestions?

Way OT here Duck, but I'm pretty sure the WKRP quote in your signature was by "Arthur" Carlson... ;) :D (one of the funniest episodes ever, IMO)

Thanks for the heads up. You know spellcheck, it never catches a correctly spelled wrong word. ;)

I was told by the travel agent that my assigned room will not change. We booked a suite on Celebration (V4) and the TA said that suites are guaranteed room assignment. I certainly hope this is the case because I do not want a suite with an obstructed view. It is a whole lot of money to have a lifeboat in front of the balcony. The only reason I booked V4 is because it was an not obstructed view. I would not have booked a room with an obstructed view.

I think you booked a specific cabin and in that case it should not change. However, it appears that when you book a specific cabin they can still try to change the cabin. I think its a good idea to confirm the cabin a couple days in advance.

However, if you book a "guarantee", IS-Guarantee or OV-Guarantee, etc., you never get to pick your specific cabin number. Hence, it could change up to departure. Therefore, you have to have the porter check the manifest to confirm which cabin you actually got.

I hope I understood your post correctly.

We just booked a OV GTY on the Elation for the end of August, and don't have a cabin assignment yet. Since the Elation doesn't have any balconys except for suites, any "upgrade" would be a matter of change of deck, so I'm not really concerned about that. But I was wondering if they have the cabin assignments all figured out before the date we leave, or are they still assigning cabins as people are arriving? It is a good idea for us to arrive to port as early as possible to get a "better" cabin assignment?

This is only our 3rd cruise, and the other two were GTY balcony, and always a nice view, but WITHOUT kids. We need a room with 2 pull down beds. Are most cabins equipped with those pull down beds, or is it likely they will assign us a cabin rather quickly. Just a note, I booked online, through that well known car club group, (trying not to break a TA rule), so I haven't actually spoken with a TA, but I can call them at any time.

Comments? Suggestions?

I could be wrong, but I believe that they print the ship's passenger manifest prior to the start of boarding and then its set, whether you arrive first or last...does that make sense?

Comments? Suggestions?

I just booked (2 weeks ago) an OV GTY on the Sensation for Sept 2nd. I used Carnival's website and paid in full the next day. We don't have a room assigned yet either, but I don't expect one until we show up, luggage in hand.

If you go to the Carnival site you can find the Ship's stateroom maps by deck. The majority of the OV rooms with 2 pull downs have two "dots" on the map, while the majority of the OV rooms with 1 pull down have one "dot" on the map, etc.

There are exceptions, hidden rooms (I've read) etc. We (3 of us) expect to end up in a single dot or double dot room on the Riveria Deck, but if we get a room with no pull down we'll just get a roller-bed for Miss Snorkl2Much.

We paid for "any" OV, so we're prepared for any room with a window.

Have fun.

I booked a mo outside mauretania gty about 2 months prior i was assigned an mo 4003 2weeks prior to sailing a fellow passenger who i met at heathrow said he got upgraded to a c3 from his ca so ilooked to see if i got his ca ididnt i got upgraded to a queens grill so keep checking the cruise personalizer :)

I just received my stateroom assignment and was wondering if that is the room I will get for sure or if it could still change before we sail. I still have 58 days until we leave. I like the room they gave me but am just curious as to whether or not it could still get changed. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Booked an 8A guarantee in May.

Was assigned an 8I in June. Very nice upgrade with an "extended" balcony.

Leave next Saturday.

Anything's possible

My friends booked a Cat.4a and got upgraded to a Cat.4c, cabin number was listed 61 days out. Upon arrival to the pier, they found out they were upgraded once more to a Cat. 8H cabin.

Fred

I've got the 4a and 4c covered already.... hopefully I'll get the third come September 9th!

Just based on the posts Iv read on CC, it sure sounds to me like folks with a guarantee on Carnival get a whole lot better upgrades than they do on RCI. :)

Outside of Cat upgrades are a lot rarer then you think. It isn't very often people will post saying the got upgraded from a 4a to a 4b. ;)

I had originally booked a 1a guarantee and received a 4a cabin. However I am sailing solo and the cabin has the 2 upper bunks which I guess is called a quad. Still have 2 months before sailing so from what I have been reading I guess I could be bumped from that cabin if they get a family or something and need the quad for them....guess I will just have to play the waiting game.

Booked 2 OV GTY's on Legend in August. Found out we received 2 OV's on Riviera. You don''t see many posts like this, most are that they got upgraded to 8G :confused: . Like many on here have said book the minimum you will be happy with. All we really wanted was a window :D .

Archived