Early Flight into NEW YORK

bimmerlil

We have a flight arriving at 9am into New York. We are going to take Super Shuttle to the ship. Does any know since it will be too early to board the ship if we can keep our lugguage at the pier and come back later. Thanks in advance

I don't know about your luggage situation, but my friend took super shuttle from New York Airport to the terminal a few weeks ago. There was 3 of them and they were on Carnival. They told me that they took super shuttle, which stopped at 3 hotels before going to the port. So they were on the shuttle for 2 hours instead of one. First of all though, they were supposed to be picked up at 10:00, and they picked them up at 10:45. i would take a taxi if its a small group, or get a car service (not Carmel or super shuttle).

Most ships cannot be boarded before about noon. You will probably get to the terminal between 10 and 11 am. Your checked luggage can be checked but your hand carried luggage has to go with you. There is no place to check it at the terminal.

Your plane is supposed to arrive at 9:00. It could be delayed. You still have to get off the plane and get your luggage. You also don't mention what airport you are arriving into and what day of the week. You might not get to the pier much before 11:00, if that. You might as well relax at the pier and get on the ship early.

We have a flight arriving at 9am into New York. We are going to take Super Shuttle to the ship. Does any know since it will be too early to board the ship if we can keep our lugguage at the pier and come back later. Thanks in advance

What airport? If you are flying into LGA and leaving out of Manhattan, cancel your reservation. A cab will be much faster and cost you a couple of dollars less.

Super Shuttle is horrible out of any of the NYC airports. For Newark or JFK, I'd probably order a car service.

We just used Super Shuttle. Our wait time once we got our luggage was about 10 min. We were very pleased with there service but just as others have said they do have to drop other passengers off. The travel time was about 2 hours from JFK with 4 stops (ours was the 5th and last). Our driver was fantastic and took us on a mini tour of NYC, pointing out points of interest.

However, we did make the decision to cancel Super Shuttle for our return and take a taxi due to the fact that dispatch informed me that pickup would be atleast an hour maybe more. The taxi (we got a van) was actually much nicer and more comfortable than the shuttle. Next time we will just stick with the taxi. Price was the same.

Smiles and have a great time.

I don't know about your luggage situation, but my friend took super shuttle from New York Airport to the terminal a few weeks ago. There was 3 of them and they were on Carnival. They told me that they took super shuttle, which stopped at 3 hotels before going to the port. So they were on the shuttle for 2 hours instead of one. First of all though, they were supposed to be picked up at 10:00, and they picked them up at 10:45. i would take a taxi if its a small group, or get a car service (not Carmel or super shuttle).

Hi ...why do you say not to use Carmel? That is who I have booked a towncar with. Should I reconsider?

As most of the posters have said, you could check in your luggage at the pier and then take you carry on luggage with you wherever you decide to go.

Keith

This is what we will most likely do. We are flying into LGA. I was there in the area for a convention last year and have a general idea of the area.

Archived