Passport question

Proud Mom

I just received my passport today.:D

Can you please tell me if it is necessary to register every trip I go on, including the one I am currently going on, with the states website. I'll do it if I have to, but I can't believe the work involved to go on a vacation.

We have never done this particularly because when we go on a cruise ship since you are only in a port for a day or for an overnight. I think if we were going to a particular country for an extrended amount of time we might consider it but not for a cruise.

Keith

I'm not sure what you mean by "states website", but I've never registered anywhere when we go on vacation--unless you count telling my parents and grown children where we'll be.

I'm not sure what you mean by "states website", but I've never registered anywhere when we go on vacation--unless you count telling my parents and grown children where we'll be.

She meant the department of state web site.

Keith

I just received my passport today.:D

Can you please tell me if it is necessary to register every trip I go on, including the one I am currently going on, with the states website. I'll do it if I have to, but I can't believe the work involved to go on a vacation.

Those who register usually do when visiting (land vacations, work, missions, etc) trouble spots where if there were a coup or something to that effect, the Dept of State wants to know how many US Citizens they have to worry about rescuing out of that particular country.

Archived