Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Roz, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. We are on a transatlantic leaving Rome on November 1 so that's not too far away. This will probably be our last trip to Europe, the long flight is so difficult for me. We will probably be sticking to the west coast and Panama cruises in the future. So maybe someday we will be on a cruise with Roz and Horton.

Dianne

Dianne, thank you so much.....I'm really looking forward to this cruise.

I'm sorry that the flights are becoming difficult for you and I totally understand. Although, I still want to go back to Switzerland with Horton, the flying, airport, taxi's and just the long travel days are difficult without Morey with me.

I want to try and do it by myself and I want to do it while traveling is still fun and not too hard by myself. Although, Horton's not real good on carrying luggage! :rolleyes:

KCAbilityExpo_zps758413d9.jpg

Davis, we went to KC Ability Expo today. CCI had a booth and we got to meet some of your distant cousins. The left side pup is about 9 months old and the right side one is 15 months or so and getting very near to going in for the next step to being a service dog. The puppy raisers we met were so enthusiastic! They had shirts on with a list of each dog they had raised embroidered on the front. One lady's list had 10 names!

DKD, thanks for explaining about photobucket. Hope you can get to my picture of the two pups. They had been in agility training this morning, so both were tired.

Hope all is well with you and your family!

Beckie

Beckie, thank you so much for sharing these wonderful Yellow Labs with us. They're so handsome! I just love those faces!!!! :)

KCAbilityExpo_zps758413d9.jpg

Davis, we went to KC Ability Expo today. CCI had a booth and we got to meet some of your distant cousins. The left side pup is about 9 months old and the right side one is 15 months or so and getting very near to going in for the next step to being a service dog. The puppy raisers we met were so enthusiastic! They had shirts on with a list of each dog they had raised embroidered on the front. One lady's list had 10 names!

DKD, thanks for explaining about photobucket. Hope you can get to my picture of the two pups. They had been in agility training this morning, so both were tired.

Hope all is well with you and your family!

Beckie

They are so adorable!!

Dianne

Before I get too busy, I just want to wish Roz and Horton a great big

t1pb.gif

Thank you so much!

Horton had his Vet visit this afternoon. He weighs 85.5, got his Bordetella vaccine and not due for Rabies until 2016, although the Vet was concerned that Immigration in Mexico may have a problem with a 3 year vaccine. We'll see if they let me off the ship or not in Mexico, he wants me to call his office and let him know if they do. to better inform his clients who cruise.

In April, we'll be going on a 10 day cruise deeper into Mexico.....I'll ask Immigration if his Rabies will cover him for that cruise as well [since he's not due until 2016.]. We'll see. I don't like overdoing the vaccine if not necessary. But, I may have no choice if they insist on the one year thing. I don't mind staying onboard for Ensenada but I want to get off the ship in Mazatlan and Cabo.

Also, I started Horton on NexGard Chewables for fleas and ticks. So much easier than the Advantix, although it is pricey. I will get a break for Horton being a Service Dog but I'd like to see all dogs get the advantage of these drugs without the price being so exorbitant that folks can't afford to give their animals the best of care!

Roz, we will be thinking of you as you sail away this weekend. Wishing we were there too.

By the way, have you seen on the news all the damage from Hurricane Odile in Cabo? Hope it will all be built back by your cruise date in April. Weather folks here in Kansas City are saying we will get some heavy rain from the hurricane on Saturday. Apparently we will have a cold front sitting over us when the hurricane's tropical rain gets to us. Bummer weekend!

Happy sailing!

Beckie

Roz, we will be thinking of you as you sail away this weekend. Wishing we were there too.

By the way, have you seen on the news all the damage from Hurricane Odile in Cabo? Hope it will all be built back by your cruise date in April. Weather folks here in Kansas City are saying we will get some heavy rain from the hurricane on Saturday. Apparently we will have a cold front sitting over us when the hurricane's tropical rain gets to us. Bummer weekend!

Happy sailing!

Beckie

Thank you, Horton and I are going to have a relaxing cruise.

Baja is going to be hit hard. I hope not too badly. It seems they clean-up and rebuild and something else happens to them. So difficult for them because they really depend on the tourist dollars.

The ships are just starting to go down into Mexico again after all the trouble with the cartels taking away all the business at the coastal cities.

It's 108 degrees here today.......................:o

t1pb.gif

And from all of us too Aunty Roz and Coz Horton - have a waggy fabulous pawsome time - sending you big Woofs and puppy kisses from Aruba, Max and Poppy XXX (oh and Mum ;):p:D)

PS - Hope Aunty Dobiemom doesn't mind us pinching her Bon Voyage flashing sparkly message for Aunty Roz, as our Mum has clearly no idea how to post one of them!

And from all of us too Aunty Roz and Coz Horton - have a waggy fabulous pawsome time - sending you big Woofs and puppy kisses from Aruba, Max and Poppy XXX (oh and Mum ;):p:D)

PS - Hope Aunty Dobiemom doesn't mind us pinching her Bon Voyage flashing sparkly message for Aunty Roz, as our Mum has clearly no idea how to post one of them!

Thank you Fairbourne "and crew!"

The weather all around my cruise is going to be so "iffy!" It's absolutely "boiling" here in L.A., it's very hot in San Francisco and it's humid, hot, windy and stormy in Baja, Mexico. Mexico may not be the safest place to go this week but by the time we head down there, which will be Friday, Sept. 26th, everything will have changed [hopefully, to the better!] It may change where we go but as long as we're out to sea onboard this glorious ship, I don't really care where we go......It can be the cruise to nowhere as far as I'm concerned! ;) Just get me on that ship!♥

Can't let the little things like "weather" rain on my parade! :cool: :D

off topic - all my best to the friends i made in cabo san lucas over the last few years. my thoughts are with everyone down there.

i am sure Horton and everyone join me in hoping all are safe and well.

keith

Edited by alexspepa

off topic - all my best to the friends i made in cabo san lucas over the last few years. my thoughts are with everyone down there.

i am sure Horton and everyone join me in hoping all are safe and well.

keith

Keith, it goes without saying that Horton and I wish all the wonderful folks in Cabo and along the Baja Peninsula and into Mexico, well. They get the worst of it when there is bad weather and I know how much they look forward to the cruise ships and visitors who come and enjoy the beauty of their beaches and their warmth and welcoming friendship.

Roz & Horton,

Have a great, relaxing cruise. And don't think about us poor, unfortunate souls back here just waiting for your return so we can hear about what a wonderful time you had. :(

It's gonna be a quiet week. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much. You know how there's so much to do before you go away, especially if you travel with a Service Dog......Well, my list of things to buy, things to pack, things to do is getting bigger and bigger! I wonder if this is what happens when you get OLDER!!!???:mad:

Oh! Lord! Help me, I'm packing some of his favorite toys and he's sitting by the bag, "alerting" me to the fact that someone's stuffed one of his favorite stuffies in a bag that he can't reach.....over and over again! He comes to my chair "bops" me on my knee and walks to the bag and sits down.....Good boy, but not now!!!!! :rolleyes: What a character! :p