FLL Hotel - gazillionth question

Name game

To explain my situation in a nutshell. First a few people going, now many going. We were going to stay at Marriott Harbor Beach but so expensive. We are a group in our 40's and don't want to make our hotel rooms like a dorm room, only two per room max, some will have their own room, some in different hotels, etc... We would all like to be fairly close.

Some insist on staying at Marriott Harbor Beach.

What is near Harbor Beach that is recommended, but not ridiculously priced. Is Lago Mar really isolated? It looks like a great hotel and it has suites, but would we be able to walk to the town and walk to the Marriott Harbor Beach? Are the Embassy Suites nice or kind of crummy and run down? How about Hyatt Pier 66? Are these all close to each other?

We are going during Thanksgiving week and prices are really out of control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. We would consider three in a room for a suite, if the hotel is really worth it. It's not for just one night so we want nice. It would mostly be two people in a room except for the last night where the whole kit an caboodle are coming so only the last night would have three so the orinigal two don't want to spend a fortune on the other nights.

Sorry for such a long question.

HI,

I'll try to answer your multiple questions. I"m assuming no one in your group will have a car? If you have transportation, there are many hotels nearby. Without a car, Pier 66 is about a good 25 minute walk from Marriott Harbour Beach. Sheraton Yankee Clipper is about 1 block from the Marriott. Not sure on the reviews on that hotel though, it looks run down from the outside.

Lago mar, is it remote, yes! It's through a neighborhood, off the main drag. It's about 1.5 miles into the neighborhood until you reach the resort, so if being nearby to others and shops/restaurants is your goal I would not choose this hotel. I did stay there recently tho, they have renovated and the rooms were brand new.

Embassy Suites is about 1 mile from the Pier 66 and even farther from the Marriott, a good 20 - 25 minute walk over the tall intracoastal bridge from Pier 66. Not sure on the quality of the rooms there, but you could walk to a liquor store, grocery store and multiple restaurants from the Embassy.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Pennstater

Thank you, that answered my questions. None of us will have cars. The week we are going, the Hyatt Pier 66 is less than 1/2 the price of the Marriott Harbour Beach. It's even cheaper than Embassy Suites for some reason. The Hyatt people are all Manhattanites. A 20-25 minute walk is no big deal to us. The Marriott people are West Coasters. Need I say more?

While the Lago Mar is my favorite hotel in FLL it sounds like your group would be better suited for the Hyatt Pier 66. No need to worry about getting around. The Sun Trolley passes directly in front of the hotel, for 50 cents it will get you to more shops and restaurants then you could visit in a day. There's also a water taxi stop at the Hyatt. ;)

I do prefer the Lago Mar over the Hyatt, but the Lago Mar is more isolated. My wife and I love to take long walks but with the Lago Mar the walk was in a residential area. It is a nice hotel with a beautiful beach and other activities, but based on what you said I would go with the Hyatt.

Have a great time.

Keith

I looked up the Sun Trolley website. It looks like it only runs Thursday through Sunday. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, it's true, Thursday through Sunday.

Yes, it's true, Thursday through Sunday.

Thanks. Of course I'll be there Tuesday through Friday with the Thursday being Thanksgiving so who knows what will be running on a holiday. Thanks for everyone's help.

Thank you Lindanick. The Hyatt looks beautiful. We actually picked a Grand Lanai room which faces the marina. Being from New York City, that's a view we would NEVER get to see from here. Can't wait for that pool.

Did you use the spa at all?

Archived