past guest discounts

tishie58

Is there any sort of "crossover" of past guest discounts with cruise lines?? Can you sail Carnival and get a PGD on Princess? Doesn't Carnival own Princess? My brother in law has sailed Princess and wants to join us on a Carnival Cruise next year, can he qualify?? TIA

Is there any sort of "crossover" of past guest discounts with cruise lines?? Can you sail Carnival and get a PGD on Princess? Doesn't Carnival own Princess? My brother in law has sailed Princess and wants to join us on a Carnival Cruise next year, can he qualify?? TIA

I believe that any Carnival cruise line makes you eliglble for a discount. I have sailed on Seabourn and Cunard and got a past cruiser discount for the Carnival Legendin December.

I also get an onboard credit for being a Carnival Corp shareholder. It's quite a benefit for only 100 shares.

Yes, Carnival Corporation owns Carnival, Princess, as well as Cunard, HAL, Costa, Seabourn, Windstar, P&O, and a few other smaller companies.

If you have cruised on any of their lines, you do qualify for a discount at booking. However, it will be the only perk you receive; for instance, you'd not be invited to the past guest party; that would be for Carnival cruisers only.:)

>" However, it will be the only perk you receive; for instance, you'd not be invited to the past guest party; that would be for Carnival cruisers only."

I will take my $400 over any crowded cocktail party any day.

I believe that any Carnival cruise line makes you eliglble for a discount. I have sailed on Seabourn and Cunard and got a past cruiser discount for the Carnival Legendin December.

I also get an onboard credit for being a Carnival Corp shareholder. It's quite a benefit for only 100 shares.

How much of an on board credit do you get and what's Carnival stock at right now?

$50 per cabin OBC for cruises 6 days or less

$100 credit for 7 - 13 day cruises

$200 credit 14 days or more

Stock price has been between 48 & 50 for the past 14 months.

I have never sailed on Princess but we are Platinum on Carnival. About once a month or so I receive a snail mail from Princess regarding discounts on their cruises. So I would think it would work in reverse.

It does. That's what I meant. Any cruiseline Carnival Corp. owns gives the past guest discount at booking if you've cruised any other Carnival Corp.-owned line. Nice.

I haven't cruised on Princess in many years, but am considering doing that in the future. (I also got something in the mail from them, as well as HAL.) Ahhh - gotta love that Carnival connection.:)

If you sail on Carnival for instance and then want to sail on Princess then they will check to see if THAT particular sailing is a "VIP sailing". If it is, and usually they are not, then you would qualify to receive a discount. Other than that, there's no past guest discounts.

Past guest discounts aren't always given for every cruise. So if you sail Carnival this time it doesn't automatically get you a discount for the next Carnival cruise either. It's only if that sailing is offering a discount (or an upgrade).

How much of a discount do you get if you are a past guest?

I think I said above, imo, they rarely give discounts (I have never seen one), they give free upgrades to higher decks within the same category at no charge, but you have to buy a higher category to get them. For instance you cannot buy a IS, you have to buy the more expensive (usually) 4A to get the free upgrade....so its not exactly free.

There are some discounts for instance if you are military, but not because you are a past guest....if so they were before my time.

Archived