Costa Rica Question

MSPCUBS

In debating between a full or partial transit of the canal, we are leaning to the partial transit since my Mom has not yet been to the Caribbean and we have both done the Mexican coast. Depending on which transit you take, the port for Costa Rica is different (either Atlantic or Pacific side). We really want to see the rain forest and native animals of Costa Rica. Will we be able to see that, via tour, if we do a partial transit?

It depends on how much time you have in port. the roads in costa rica are not the best (except for the pan american highway) look at your shore excursions and that will tell you how much time you have.

I have been to costa rica many times ...if your lucky you will see alot

• 2 weeks later...

We did the full transit in April '06 and stopped at peurto limon on the caribbean side of costa rica. Went with a private tour with Charlie, by recommendations, and he was awesome. Saw everything we needed to. He runs OkeyDokey Tours.

We did a partial transit and went to Port Limon. We did a ships tour to The Rainforest Canopy tour. We didn't see too many animals, lots of butterflies, frogs, and a toucan that was really far away. But we saw the beautoful rainforest. It was great to be immersed in it.

We did a partial transit and one of our stops was Costa Rica. We did the Eco-Tortuguero Canal excursion and I highly, highly recommend this excursion. We saw monkeys, alligators, tons of different birds, sloths, etc. We were on Princess but I think that most cruiselines have the same sort of excursions.

Marilyn

We did a partial transit and one of our stops was Costa Rica. We did the Eco-Tortuguero Canal excursion and I highly, highly recommend this excursion. We saw monkeys, alligators, tons of different birds, sloths, etc. We were on Princess but I think that most cruiselines have the same sort of excursions.

Marilyn

I would have done this tour if I hadn't gotten all excited over the aerial tram. But I have heard that the Tortuguero Canal is like the Costa Rican Amazon. Our tour guide said this was a good excursion to see animals. Ours was good to really see all the vegetation in the rainforest.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent three days in this area of Costa Rica a number of years ago, but will never forget it. Now I'll be back, this time on the Coral 12/27 from Ft. Lauderdale, we will be in Limon for my birthday and can't wait to see this area again. Not to be missed.

Archived