2 Excursions in One Port?

Hello.

I am a little confused with "ship time" vs "local time" in regards to excursions. The reason for this is because in Cozumel I am looking at doing both the ShoreTrips swim & snorkel w/the dolphins and Carnival's off road kart adventure. We will be in Cozumel from 9am to 6pm. Dolphins starts at 10am for 1hr and kart starts at 1pm for 2.5hrs. Does ShoreTrips use ship or local time when advertising their excursions? Will I be able to do both of these?

Thanks for any help you can give.

The time the ship's tours leave is the time they use on the ship. We can't tell you if the ship will be the same time as Cozumel, because that changes among ships and captains. Some will change ship's time when you cross time zones, but others will keep the same time no matter if you go to a different zone. You'll have to wait until you're on board. But no matter, you should be able to do both tours.

In most cases the ship time matches the local time. It is done to cut down on confusion, but I have heard of a case or two where for whatever reason the ship doesn't change their time to local time. They will advise on the ship.

Your tours look like they will work and will give you plenty of time to do bo tours and to get back to the ship.

Keith

I have only one ship to change time to island time and that was a princess sailing. We were in ports with a roycal cariibean ship and those people were an hour ahead of us.

I did hear that Carinval Liberty changes to reflect island time.

When are you sailing? before or after Daylight savings time.

Since your excursion will be done by 11am.. which gives you plenty of time to get back to the ship and get on the other excursion.

I have only one ship to change time to island time and that was a princess sailing. We were in ports with a roycal cariibean ship and those people were an hour ahead of us.

I did hear that Carinval Liberty changes to reflect island time.

When are you sailing? before or after Daylight savings time.

Since your excursion will be done by 11am.. which gives you plenty of time to get back to the ship and get on the other excursion.

I'm cruising this December.

I really appreciate everyone's input :)

It sounds like you have plenty of time to do both tours while in Cozumel. (Been there and done that - 2 tours) Just set your watch by the ship's time and make sure that you are back, on the ship, within 35 minutes of sailing. That way you can stand on the upper deck and watch to see how many people are actually running down the pier to make sure they are onboard before the ship blows its final whistle. Either because they stayed at Carlos and Charlie's too long or got lost and took the wrong turn when they went exploring on their own.

Royal Caribbean - VOS - January 13, 2008 (countdown has begun)

NCL SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005 (2 extra days at sea because Hurricane Rita closed the Port of Galveston :( )

Archived