NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Billing date is 12/12 and no mail as of 12/29. So now I wonder what we are in for. The NCL web site is very generic saying nothing. Worldpoints is even on B of A Signature Visa which killed that card for them. HH Sign Visa is far better.

Edited by AFT_LOVER

Is everyone waiting for them to send the certificates or are you guys requesting them before the 31st?

I am waiting for them to just send it. We may have longer to use them then.

I'm about 6K short of getting a 500 voucher. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get to the 500 (approx. 16K charged) amount??

I read somewhere about coins? Can someone point me in that direction?

WWD- It is too late to do the coin thing. Your order would never post in time. I guess you could try and then cancel if it wasn't posted by the 31st. Maybe someone else will post the info or go through the thread...it is there somewhere.

Edited by EmmasNana

Warmwaterdiver: I am sure it is too late to spend another $6,000. Since today is the 30th and all purchases take some processing and then sit in pending for a day or two, there is no way it will earn points by the 31st :(

Is everyone waiting for them to send the certificates or are you guys requesting them before the 31st?

I ordered our last three as soon as I hit 1500 a couple of weeks ago. We have a cruise booked in March for 8 of us which requires the final payment by January 13th. It took about twelve days for the first $1000 and about nine days for the last $500. I didn't want to get caught up in the last rush of all of the certificates going out.

Edited by rpbcouple

I'm about 6K short of getting a 500 voucher. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get to the 500 (approx. 16K charged) amount??

I read somewhere about coins? Can someone point me in that direction?

Here the coin site http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/?action=directShip, probably don't have enough time for that tho. You need for the charge to post to your account (not just show as pending). Might think about gift cards to grocery stores, gas stations, home improvement stores, etc. We did all those and also prepaid our auto insurance for the year.

You're probably out of time, but if you don't mind having plenty of gift cards on hand for your usual purchases in 2009, I'd give it a shot. In my experience, grocery store gift cards post next day -- which literally gives you JUST enough time. Buy now and you can check your account online at BofA tonite and tomorrow. Tonite they'll show as "pending" and with any luck, they'll post tomorrow. Try grocery cards, gas cards, Home Depot, Loew's, Bed Bath & Beyond....wherever you'd normally shop in 2009.

One caution -- you might want to alert BofA if you're going to charge that much in one day -- otherwise, they'll flag your account figuring it might be fraud (did that to me when I charged $800 at a supermarket one day). Good luck!

I just got yet another mailing from the new Worldpoints card wanting me to apply for one. I thought our old card automatically converted to the new card but now I'm beginning to wonder. Anyone know for sure? Has anyone received the new cards without applying for them?

From what I've read (including that on the NCL web site), our current cards are automatically enrolled in the Worldpoints program as of Jan. 1. So, we won't be receiving new cards but should (being overly optimistic) seemlessly be transferred into the new program on Jan 1, with our Compass Rewards points calculated at the end of the year.

Now it's just time to find a better card! (Although, I'm still waiting to see if the NCL rewards are any better than those posted at the web site -- $50,000 in charges for $500 back - no thank you!)

Happy sails!!

I would wait and get the two year expiration. I was anxious to book my cruise and ordered my certificates about two weeks ago. I got one year on the expiration.

Just waiting to see what happens tomorrow. Have enough points to get another certificate IF the pending charges from yesterday post by the 31st. Seems like the pending charges are there longer than previous statements. Keeping my fingers crossed that they honor the charges.

I didn't wait, because I would worry the certificates might get caught up in the new year mailings. I knew I was cruising this summer, so I went forward. I accrued $3000 toward my first cruise, so I'm (very) anxiously awaiting my certificates. I requested them about 2.5 weeks ago.

Hi,

Oh, shoot. I was waiting until today to put a charge on my card and then, remembered that it wouldn't be actually on the card until after Jan. 1st and also I discovered that the card I was using only had a $5,000 limit and I can't put that planned charge on it anyway!

So, here is my question. I will have about $420 in excess of the $2,000 credits. Slap me for waiting until the last minute. So, I will get one of those upgrade vouchers for a two passenger upgrade, 2 levels. I have a cruise booked and if I could apply that voucher, I could get a balcony room rather than a DD cabin, which is what I selected. Can I use both the $2,000 voucher and get the upgrade from an Oceanview to a Balcony?

Or, do I have to use it on another cruise?

Donna...so sad for me...I love a bargain!

Hi,

Oh, shoot. I was waiting until today to put a charge on my card and then, remembered that it wouldn't be actually on the card until after Jan. 1st and also I discovered that the card I was using only had a $5,000 limit and I can't put that planned charge on it anyway!

So, here is my question. I will have about $420 in excess of the $2,000 credits. Slap me for waiting until the last minute. So, I will get one of those upgrade vouchers for a two passenger upgrade, 2 levels. I have a cruise booked and if I could apply that voucher, I could get a balcony room rather than a DD cabin, which is what I selected. Can I use both the $2,000 voucher and get the upgrade from an Oceanview to a Balcony?

Or, do I have to use it on another cruise?

Donna...so sad for me...I love a bargain!

I do not know if you can use the upgrade certificates on the same cruise that you apply the $2,000 to.... But I am fairly certain that the upgrade certificates are only good within the same catagory - Oceanview to Oceanview OR Balcony to Balcony, but NOT Oceanview to Balcony....... Another reason why most of us don't want the upgrade certificates.

Wait until all the certificates arrive and see if you can "persuade" your NCL rep. Travel is down right now, so maybe they would do something for you at the time of final payment, or even closer to sailing.....

Good luck getting them to move from one card to another. We tried and it was a "no go".

I realize this may be a little late to help anyone at this point, however, as mentioned earlier there was a way to combine the points you have on two different accounts, at least we were able to so. Both accounts need to have the same owners. As long as that is the case, with the help of a supervisor our accounts were combined, the credit limit nearly doubled and the points from one account were transferred over to the account that we kept open.

NCL was no help, but with a little persistance, BofA came through. At least that's what we have been told. Three $500 certificates and a few $100s are much better than two $500s and eight or nine $100s!

Happy cruising!

pending charges posted last nite to give us our final $500 certificate!!! Happy New Year everyone!

Nice work! We bought our daughter and son-in-law a washer and dryer the day after xmas and its still pending.:( I called today and ordered our $500 certificate and we still have $300+ available. I guess we'll wait to see what is being done with this for sure before ordering. The BOA agent told us we could get it in upgrades but that doesn't help for either of our upcoming trips.

I just got yet another mailing from the new Worldpoints card wanting me to apply for one. I thought our old card automatically converted to the new card but now I'm beginning to wonder. Anyone know for sure? Has anyone received the new cards without applying for them?

I read on BofA website and also called to find out...was told that the card/account number is the same, only the rewards program is changing.

If I have to settle for 'free upgrate' sertificates, does anybody know how exactly it would work?

Should I reserve a cabin in lower category and then get a free upgrade? How do I make sure then I get a cabin I want? Or reserve a cabin I want but pay for it as if it was in the lower cat?

Now that the compass points program has ended I was wondering if there are suggestions for other travel related cards that offer more bang for the buck than the worldpoints?

many such suggestions have been made in this very thread... just go backward through the pages and you'll find them

Edited by troyphoto