NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Ru

You are the person I have been trying to find! Can't help with your issue, but can you advise on what it takes to get the upgrade? Is it from any ocean view? tips on what ov to buy to begin with? Too latrpe to do it for my April cruise but would love to know for future cruises.

Edited by Clay Clayton

Ru

You are the person I have been trying to find! Can't help with your issue, but can you advise on what it takes to get the upgrade? Is it from any ocean view? tips on what ov to buy to begin with? Too latrpe to do it for my April cruise but would love to know for future cruises.

Was told O1 or above, in the past my PCC has told me the minimum level needed then no problem from there. They (NCL BoA website) shows whats not allowed, Bermuda is not on the list, You need to ask you PCC what level you need to book in order to up grade.

Thanks for your response....but now I have a few more questions...sorry:eek:

- where is the NCL BoA website?

- did you have to book at the brochure rate or were you able to take advantage of any sales?

- if you had OBC with OV were you able to keep it when you moved up to the balcony?

Thanks again!

Thanks for your response....but now I have a few more questions...sorry:eek:

- where is the NCL BoA website?

- did you have to book at the brochure rate or were you able to take advantage of any sales?

- if you had OBC with OV were you able to keep it when you moved up to the balcony?

Thanks again!

Log into (or create) your account at BoA Card web site, there is a "Rewards" tab, click that. Towards the bottom is "Ultimate Access", this opens new window then click "Memorabilia" you then will see NCL on the left.

I have always been given whatever the best price at the time of booking was.

We have also kept OBC for OV, when moving up with points you do not get the OBC for the higher cabin but you keep whatever was offered for what you actually paid for.

MagnoliaBlossom

I wholehearedly agree with you regarding OBCs and excursions and the like, however, if I can snag an "upgrade" from an inside to a balcony for 60k points , it will be much better deal to my bottom line than paying for balcony and getting double points.

Double upgrade cost for two $1,000

Value of 60K points as cash ($ 600)

Savings $ 400 if I use the upgrade

If I purchased the upgrade, I would get an extra 2000 points, which is worth $20 bucks, so as I see it, I am $380 ahead.....

or am I missing something?

MagnoliaBlossom

I wholehearedly agree with you regarding OBCs and excursions and the like, however, if I can snag an "upgrade" from an inside to a balcony for 60k points , it will be much better deal to my bottom line than paying for balcony and getting double points.

Double upgrade cost for two $1,000

Value of 60K points as cash ($ 600)

Savings $ 400 if I use the upgrade

If I purchased the upgrade, I would get an extra 2000 points, which is worth $20 bucks, so as I see it, I am $380 ahead.....

or am I missing something?

Thats how I worked the numbers myself, right or wrong :D

I signed up for the NCL card, under the conditions all I had to do was charge one thing and I got 15,000 points. I have made my purchase, got my first bill, paid it...now how do I go about redeeming the points? Do I call the credit card company or NCL? DOes anyone have the direct number I need to call to get the OBC transferred?

I signed up for the NCL card, under the conditions all I had to do was charge one thing and I got 15,000 points. I have made my purchase, got my first bill, paid it...now how do I go about redeeming the points? Do I call the credit card company or NCL? DOes anyone have the direct number I need to call to get the OBC transferred?

Here ya go. #866-954-4077

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you very much!

Please report back if you have success. I too signed up when it was a 15,000 point offer a few weeks ago, but a couple days later it was back to 10,000. I'm skeptical that I'll get the 15,000. I don't have that in writing. I too made a purchase and paid it off so I'm just waiting for the points. Checked on BofA.com but the points haven't been credited. They do say it can take 2 cycles, or 60 days, or something like that.

I'm planning a cruise on NCL to Bermuda. Ihave about 87,000 pts. currently. Hopefully by August I will have some more. What would be the best way to utilize these points.

Any advice?

well, I'd use 5000 pts for slot play and I'd probably ask for cash in exchange for most of the points. then when the charge cruise costs hit the credit card, the money is in the bank. and those new NCL charges get double points again. That does not work, of course, if you'll waste the money on something else...if that is the case, take OBC perhaps. there is no single best way to use the points...different bonuses suit different people. have a great cruise.

It is my understanding (I am only 60% of the way to 60h points so haven't done it yet) but it is my understanding that I order to upgrade for 30k points that you have to be in certain categories of cabins ..look back several postings, ruarmed2 discusses it and says the PCC made sure they purchased the correct category.

Please report back if you have success. I too signed up when it was a 15,000 point offer a few weeks ago, but a couple days later it was back to 10,000. I'm skeptical that I'll get the 15,000. I don't have that in writing. I too made a purchase and paid it off so I'm just waiting for the points. Checked on BofA.com but the points haven't been credited. They do say it can take 2 cycles, or 60 days, or something like that.

I opened my card up the beginning of Jan...and immediately made my purchase. I got my first bill a few weeks later and paid it. I waited about 2 more weeks called regarding the special and my points, they said that I did have 15k points on my account that was eligible to be transferred over. I called the NCL number and they transferred my 15k into 150 OBC per my request:) Simple as that!

This is an extremely long thread and this card's rules and offers and in some cases everything about it has changed a lot over the last 7 years. That being said, I did look back to Sept.2012 and didn't see anything posted regarding this and I searched for "two cards" and didn't find a topic started.

Has anyone applied for two NCL cards, one for you and one for your spouse, and applied the bonus credit from each card to the same stateroom? I'm not talking about getting one account and having two cards issued for it, one with your name and one with your spouses name.

It would be nice if my wife and I could get two separate NCL credit card accounts and that both of us could apply the 10,000 points for OBC to the same stateroom thus giving us $200 in OBC for the cruise in addition to the OBC NCL gave us when we purchased the cruise.

I did call and talk to BofA WorldPoints and asked them if it was possible. They said it's possible to get two separate accounts and transfer the points from one account to the other if your spouse was listed as a co-applicant on the account you are listed as the primary. But my opinion is that when it comes to credit cards and banks, nothing is possible until it's been done. So has anyone done this?

Has anyone applied for two NCL cards, one for you and one for your spouse, and applied the bonus credit from each card to the same stateroom? I'm not talking about getting one account and having two cards issued for it, one with your name and one with your

Yes, as a matter of fact I have six. But the original rationale was under the MBNA program you could only earn a set number of points per year, but the points were worth much more. Since I have a business I could max out the points in two to three months and would put card one away and use card two, etc. I did get the bonus points, but it is a new world now, so who knows. But I cannot see of a reason why not. Let us know.