NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

6 minutes ago, pookel said:

Yeah that doesn't say "REDEEM NOW" for me. Look at my screenshot, it says "LEARN MORE." If I click on it, it takes me to the application page where it offers to sign me up for a new credit card. The one I already have. 

You don't have enough points

image.png.58c5e5c8d3ba8971f41f0fbdddc4da01.png

Toward the top right hand side of your account page the first lines are about your balance, account activity, etc.  just below that but above the tabs it should say rewards and show you the number of points you have.   If there is nothing there then you have no points.

you will get your 25,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days.  If you’ve not reached that thresholds you will not have any points, or you may have points based on your purchases but that big 25,000 will not be applied until you’ve charged $1,000.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I do see my points it's just frustrating that apparently I can't see the ability to redeem them yet. I guess I will wait until the pending 28K points show up and then check again. (I prepaid service charge, booked excursions, and did my upgrade bid all on my new card after booking the cruise, so I hit the introductory $1000 quickly!)

• Like 1

I've scanned pages of this thread and seen differing limits on points accumulation.  Is there currently a limit per account?  

New to cruising and immediately got the bug, bit the bullet and got the NCL card with the introductory offer.  Just trying to figure out how to maximize points, and already seeing that upgrades is the way to go!

• Like 1

Regarding points accumulation, I believe the sky is the limit (There is no limit).

However I also believe BoA points will expire 5 years after they are earned.

You can and should check the expiration schedule which is available in your online BoA online banking account and plan accordingly.

Safe travels,

- WYB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Viamin_Sea_26 said:

I've scanned pages of this thread and seen differing limits on points accumulation.  Is there currently a limit per account?  

New to cruising and immediately got the bug, bit the bullet and got the NCL card with the introductory offer.  Just trying to figure out how to maximize points, and already seeing that upgrades is the way to go!

There is no limit. I at one time had over a million points (card was used for business) so I used to do multiple redemptions so we sailed for Free. Also had a Midway air card and flew for free.

As it's been pointed out, it's five years till expiration.

Upgrades are the best option but before doing a double upgrade, look at the cost of an inside versus an ocean view.

The ocean view may only be a $100 more than an inside, so only do a single and save the points for more value.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hola!

I have a question about upgrading with points.  When upgrading do you get the perks associated with the room type?  For instance upgrading from Inside to Balcony on a 20-day cruise...would I get 3 specialty dining vs. 2?  Not a huge deal, just trying to figure out what I should expect with a points upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

Hola!

I have a question about upgrading with points.  When upgrading do you get the perks associated with the room type?  For instance upgrading from Inside to Balcony on a 20-day cruise...would I get 3 specialty dining vs. 2?  Not a huge deal, just trying to figure out what I should expect with a points upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

You get the perks that were in the original booking.  For instance, I recently booked an I4 and used 60,000 points to go to a BA.  The interior cabin has 1 meal, while the balcony has 2.   I get the 1 because that’s what I paid for.

having said that, irs only happened once in my many upgrades.  Frequently it slips through and I get the second meal as well.  On my last cruise my cruise summary showed me with one meal (plus our two Diamond meals) but when we got our key cards at the pier it was marked for two 🤗. Hope it works out that way for you too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

You get the perks that were in the original booking.  For instance, I recently booked an I4 and used 60,000 points to go to a BA.  The interior cabin has 1 meal, while the balcony has 2.   I get the 1 because that’s what I paid for.

having said that, irs only happened once in my many upgrades.  Frequently it slips through and I get the second meal as well.  On my last cruise my cruise summary showed me with one meal (plus our two Diamond meals) but when we got our key cards at the pier it was marked for two 🤗. Hope it works out that way for you too.

Thank you for the information!

Hi All, 

I've tried to search this thread, but has anyone used the online tool to request the category upgrades?

I filled out the form today (after randomly noticing a good chunk of my points are expiring in one day) and was wondering if anyone had experience with this method versus calling?

Ideally, I'd like to know how long it was before you received confirmation of the upgrade.  I have confirmation from BoA, but none from NCL.

Thanks!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

Hi All, 

I've tried to search this thread, but has anyone used the online tool to request the category upgrades?

I filled out the form today (after randomly noticing a good chunk of my points are expiring in one day) and was wondering if anyone had experience with this method versus calling?

Ideally, I'd like to know how long it was before you received confirmation of the upgrade.  I have confirmation from BoA, but none from NCL.

Thanks!

I am not aware it can be done via the website.  I have always called the WP # 866-954-4077. Before you call look at the deck plans and make yourself a list of cabins that suit your needs and also a list of not acceptable cabins.    It varies at times, for reasons unknown to man, but at times they will try to assign you a room, often times a not great location, other times everything is peachy and you can select your own.  If they try and assign you one, just hang up and call back in hopes of getting a nicer representative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I am not aware it can be done via the website.  I have always called the WP # 866-954-4077. Before you call look at the deck plans and make yourself a list of cabins that suit your needs and also a list of not acceptable cabins.    It varies at times, for reasons unknown to man, but at times they will try to assign you a room, often times a not great location, other times everything is peachy and you can select your own.  If they try and assign you one, just hang up and call back in hopes of getting a nicer representative.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you can redeem on BoA website.  You have to put in your confirmation number, sail date, etc.

I’m assuming it’s just a form that sends the response to a human somewhere to process, and with the holidays it will probably be delayed.

If I don’t hear anything by the end of next week I’ll call the number you listed.

Thanks again!

On 12/30/2022 at 4:42 PM, hhalliv said:

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you can redeem on BoA website.  You have to put in your confirmation number, sail date, etc.

I’m assuming it’s just a form that sends the response to a human somewhere to process, and with the holidays it will probably be delayed.

If I don’t hear anything by the end of next week I’ll call the number you listed.

Thanks again!

I knew you could redeem for OBC, etc, but I’ve never know you to be able to do upgrades online.  Does the menu let you request a cabin or does it assign you a random cabin?

58 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I knew you could redeem for OBC, etc, but I’ve never know you to be able to do upgrades online.  Does the menu let you request a cabin or does it assign you a random cabin?

It doesn’t let you request a cabin.  I got an e-mail confirmation a couple days later with a GTY cabin, but then checked and saw that was all that was available for booking online.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, hhalliv said:

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks again!

You still have to call to apply the redemption. 

4 hours ago, hhalliv said:

It doesn’t let you request a cabin.  I got an e-mail confirmation a couple days later with a GTY cabin, but then checked and saw that was all that was available for booking online.

I wouldn’t stand for that.  You need to call and book a cabin you want.  You’re paying points for a decent cabin not a GTY.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

17 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I wouldn’t stand for that.  You need to call and book a cabin you want.  You’re paying points for a decent cabin not a GTY.

That won't work.  Poster should be happy they even allowed a GTY booking. Upgrades are based on availability and apparently there was none.  I assume poster is leaving soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

That won't work.  Poster should be happy they even allowed a GTY booking. Upgrades are based on availability and apparently there was none.  I assume poster is leaving soon.

Yes, leaving March 12th…spring break week for many colleges.

I am actually fine with a GTY.  I am maybe in the minority, but I enjoy the gamble of a GTY and have gotten some pretty good room assignments in my experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hhalliv said:

Yes, leaving March 12th…spring break week for many colleges.

I am actually fine with a GTY.  I am maybe in the minority, but I enjoy the gamble of a GTY and have gotten some pretty good room assignments in my experience.

I am also sailing that day as well with my grand kid's.

That is a very busy week.  Congrats on getting that GTY. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WYB! said:

So not BoA NCL related, but perhaps close enough.

One of the new benefits of reaching Diamond is a "one-time Free Cabin Upgrade"

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Just wondering if that upgrade would apply to one booking across multiple reservations?

- WYB

Pretty sure that's a big no

9 hours ago, WYB! said:

So not BoA NCL related, but perhaps close enough.

One of the new benefits of reaching Diamond is a "one-time Free Cabin Upgrade"

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Just wondering if that upgrade would apply to one booking across multiple reservations?

- WYB

One time one cruise only and its capped at a Balcony. No higher.

I inquired as I am 17 points away.

• Like 1