NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

On 8/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Don't tell them about the MC points.

After you get a booking number then call world points yourself.

CN certs take away from the commission so here's a way around it.

Book direct with NCL using the CN certs then give the booking to a TA within 30 days for perks.

They have nothing to do but earn a commission and kick you perks.

Can I book directly online with NCL and use the CN certificates. I would have to book an inside cabin and get a booking number and call World Points to get the meta upgrade. Once I get the upgrade for the balcony, I would call whatever agency I want within 14 days and transfer the booking. Thank you so much for the info!

6 hours ago, karinad said:

Can I book directly online with NCL and use the CN certificates. I would have to book an inside cabin and get a booking number and call World Points to get the meta upgrade. Once I get the upgrade for the balcony, I would call whatever agency I want within 14 days and transfer the booking. Thank you so much for the info!

Yes you can do that. But World Points won't talk to agents so you will still have to do any calls to them yourself. Meanwhile NCL wouldn't talk to you so anything through regular NCL would have to be your agent. It gets messy lol

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my first statement and my 20,000 bonus point reward. Woohoo! I also accrued an additional 5,000 thanks to the triple points thing. I’m having trouble seeing all the ways I can redeem it on the app or mobile browser. Do you get the same as either a statement credit or onboard credit? Reason I ask is because if it’s $250 regardless between statement credit or OBC, I’d rather free up $250 on my card and book my Alaska seaplane excursion in Juneau versus wait till onboard and OBC to book. Thanks for any advice! 🙂 

1 hour ago, CruiseBunny425 said:

Finally got my first statement and my 20,000 bonus point reward. Woohoo! I also accrued an additional 5,000 thanks to the triple points thing. I’m having trouble seeing all the ways I can redeem it on the app or mobile browser. Do you get the same as either a statement credit or onboard credit? Reason I ask is because if it’s $250 regardless between statement credit or OBC, I’d rather free up $250 on my card and book my Alaska seaplane excursion in Juneau versus wait till onboard and OBC to book. Thanks for any advice! 🙂 

Yes, you get the same. I have no clue why people take the obc when you can get a statement credit - so much simpler!

But then I save my points for room upgrades - much better value, depending on when/where you are cruising. 

Not sure this is the right place, but I hope it is. As we have free at sea and a speciality restaurant booked that's free for one trip per guest, do we have to pay anything at all for this? We've prepaid gratuities, but is all our drinks included as well - given we have a drinks package? Thanks

6 hours ago, CruiseBunny425 said:

I highly suggest you don't get Obc or statement credit if you stay on a balcony cabin.

30,000 points to go from ocean view to a balcony is worth much more than $300.

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I highly suggest you don't get Obc or statement credit if you stay on a balcony cabin.

30,000 points to go from ocean view to a balcony is worth much more than $300.

I’m in a studio on my cruise. Are OBC and statement credit worth the same amount? 

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes so statement credit is your best option.

Awesome! I put in the redemption. Now I don’t have to worry about the tour selling out. Soon as the credit hits my card I’m booking the seaplane tour. I wish they offered the helicopter/sled dog one, but something for next time. Riding in a seaplane is still a bucket list item getting crossed off the list! 

On 8/16/2022 at 1:14 AM, CruiseBunny425 said:

I don't know about you but I got the NCL MasterCard for that offer and have had nothing but problems with it.  Couldn't figure out how to set it up for payment with another non-BOA account so I plan to cancel it after our cruise.  How do you get the OBC?

1 hour ago, fun_one said:

I don't know about you but I got the NCL MasterCard for that offer and have had nothing but problems with it.  Couldn't figure out how to set it up for payment with another non-BOA account so I plan to cancel it after our cruise.  How do you get the OBC?

If by non-BOA account you mean another credit card - that's probably not going to happen.  It has to be a bank account.  As to getting OBC, you have to meet the spending requirements, then you can redeem them for OBC  Terms & Conditions | WorldPoints Rewards (ncl.com)

or redeem them for statement credit on the BofA website.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fun_one said:

Since statement credit was the same amount as OBC, 25,000 points equaled OBC or statement credit I opted for statement credit, so I could book my last excursion. It seems like you have to call to redeem it as OBC…or their website on mobile web browsers is terrible. 

Just now, CruiseBunny425 said:

Just now, CruiseBunny425 said:

Since statement credit was the same amount as OBC, 25,000 points equaled OBC or statement credit I opted for statement credit, so I could book my last excursion. It seems like you have to call to redeem it as OBC…or their website on mobile web browsers is terrible. 

Ooops, meant 25,000 points equals $250 OBC or statement credit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

If by non-BOA account you mean another credit card - that's probably not going to happen.  It has to be a bank account.  As to getting OBC, you have to meet the spending requirements, then you can redeem them for OBC  Terms & Conditions | WorldPoints Rewards (ncl.com)

or redeem them for statement credit on the BofA website.

I ended up clicking the redeem as statement credit out of curiosity. It showed I can put $250 credit on my NCL card with 25,000 points so I did that versus OBC.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, RBrowny said:

Not sure this is the right place, but I hope it is. As we have free at sea and a speciality restaurant booked that's free for one trip per guest, do we have to pay anything at all for this? We've prepaid gratuities, but is all our drinks included as well - given we have a drinks package? Thanks

Please can someone answer this. 

I have another question regarding the internet, we have 150 free minutes. Is there a way you can use ten minutes one day, 20 the next day until it runs out or is it all in one? Assuming you can use basic features on your phone.

10 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Please can someone answer this. 

I have another question regarding the internet, we have 150 free minutes. Is there a way you can use ten minutes one day, 20 the next day until it runs out or is it all in one? Assuming you can use basic features on your phone.

You need to post your questions in the general forum, not in a discussion specifically about the NCL mastercard. So to answer your original post, you are not in the correct place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You need to post your questions in the general forum, not in a discussion specifically about the NCL mastercard. So to answer your original post, you are not in the correct place.

I'm an idiot, I've read the forum title as a FAQ not relating to the mastercard. Thank you for spotting that.

Can you stand one more question regarding the points and upgrading to a balcony?  If so, I use a TA. I booked an Oceanview on an 11 night cruise. Final payment is due next month. Since I’ll get triple points paying the cruise with the CC I’ll then reach the 30,000 points needed to upgrade to a balcony. 

I know I have to call Norwegian myself to do this. Or is it the CC company?

Does my TA lose her commission?  If I have any problems is she still able to help me?  Not problems with room upgrade per se, just let’s say I have an issue and one of us gets sick and we have to cancel (yes, we have insurance, actually we take it out from her company). 

Thank you for all clarifications

14 minutes ago, Cruiser1862 said:

Can you stand one more question regarding the points and upgrading to a balcony?  If so, I use a TA. I booked an Oceanview on an 11 night cruise. Final payment is due next month. Since I’ll get triple points paying the cruise with the CC I’ll then reach the 30,000 points needed to upgrade to a balcony. 

I know I have to call Norwegian myself to do this. Or is it the CC company?

Does my TA lose her commission?  If I have any problems is she still able to help me?  Not problems with room upgrade per se, just let’s say I have an issue and one of us gets sick and we have to cancel (yes, we have insurance, actually we take it out from her company). 

Thank you for all clarifications

You have to call world points. The TA does not lose commission. And yes the TA would still be able to help with anything else. 

Questions on the upgrades from ocean view to balcony:

Are they guaranteed if the balcony available?

Do you get to select the balcony?

Can you price reduce if the OV goes down in price prior to final payment?

Do you get the perks of the balcony? (i.e. the extra specialty dining night)

Can you upgrade 2 cabins on the same cruise if you have the 60k points? (Second cabin for kids)

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, Grimix said:

Questions on the upgrades from ocean view to balcony:

Are they guaranteed if the balcony available?

Do you get to select the balcony?

Can you price reduce if the OV goes down in price prior to final payment?

Do you get the perks of the balcony? (i.e. the extra specialty dining night)

Can you upgrade 2 cabins on the same cruise if you have the 60k points? (Second cabin for kids)

Thanks!

Yes if available.

Yes you get to select from what they offer you.

Yes you can reprice.

No only ocean view perks.

Yes to two cabins upgrade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hydro1570 said:

So if you are already booked in a balcony cabin then you cannot use points to get an upgrade? Is it only for inside to balcony for the upgrades on cabins? 

Inside to outside, outside to balcony or inside to balcony.

Nothing else. No afts either or club suites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1