NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

We got an offer in the mail today for 5X the points (up to 2500 bonus points) on restaurant, gas, drug store, or grocery purchases through Sept 30, 2013 using your NCL card. Just a heads up so you don't throw away something that looks like 'junk mail'.

wow, thanks for the tip.

Here ya go. #866-954-4077

I called this number and it was very easy. Less than 15 minutes on the phone, the agent was so nice and welcoming. Probably one of the best calls I have ever had with a corporation.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what some have said about the value of taking the points as cash and then charging more on the card during your cruise to get double points but there is just something psychologically satisfying about having it as OBC and taken off your cruise vacation bill.

I know what some have said about the value of taking the points as cash and then charging more on the card during your cruise to get double points but there is just something psychologically satisfying about having it as OBC and taken off your cruise vacation bill.

And thats just what I have done for my upcoming Gem cruise.:) $150. OBC!:D

And thats just what I have done for my upcoming Gem cruise.:) $150. OBC!:D

me too. I will have almost $200 obc between ncl mastercard and aarp promo at booking. I know I wont have any trouble spending it :D

I agree! OBC feels like you're spending their $. The cash feels like our $!

Hi

Does anyone know if NCL are likely to have the CC for UK passengers anytime soon, as we have done a couple of cruises now and find it really annoying that they dont have a CC for people in the UK.

Thanks

Juls:)

Hi

Does anyone know if NCL are likely to have the CC for UK passengers anytime soon, as we have done a couple of cruises now and find it really annoying that they dont have a CC for people in the UK.

Thanks

I believe your posting on the wrong thread. This thread talks about the NCL credit card and the world points you receive from it.

Sorry can't help you here.

I believe your posting on the wrong thread. This thread talks about the NCL credit card and the world points you receive from it.

Sorry can't help you here.

Hi There

The question was regarding the NCL credit card - would you know the best place to ask this question

Thanks

Hi There

The question was regarding the NCL credit card - would you know the best place to ask this question

Thanks

The current credit card is offered by a US bank to US customers following US laws. For a UK resident to get a similar deal, I suspect a UK bank would have to decide to partner with the cruiseline to offer their own credit card under UK banking rules. That raises business decisions about whether such a deal is viable and profitable.

The US banks make lots of profits from many of their US customers with high interest rate and loads of fees. Some savvy customers avoid such interest and direct fees, but the credit cards still generate substantial fees from the retailers, driving up overall cost of goods. The banks have profits to kick back to gain and retain customers, like these NCL offers. If perchance, UK banks are less onerous to their customers (regulations or culture), there is less to kick back; if perchance that is the case, UK residents might have something more desirable than our NCL perks.

Has anyone tried to combine multiple upgrade offers on the same booking? I am currently in a BD and was wondering if I could use the 20,000 point upgrade to go up 4 levels and the 10,000 point upgrade to go up another 2. This would move me from the BD to a B1. The current price difference is over $1100 for this upgrade so the 30,000 points would be a steal. Just curious if anyone ever tried.

Has anyone tried to combine multiple upgrade offers on the same booking? I am currently in a BD and was wondering if I could use the 20,000 point upgrade to go up 4 levels and the 10,000 point upgrade to go up another 2. This would move me from the BD to a B1. The current price difference is over $1100 for this upgrade so the 30,000 points would be a steal. Just curious if anyone ever tried.

Well it looks like toy can combine the offers but I can't confirm for sure. The woman I spoke to was ready to apply both of the upgrade offers but couldn't since I had booked under the free upgrades from NCL. The World Point upgrade is based on the category purchased not the category you are in. So since I took the free upgrade from the O1 to a BD the World Point upgrade has to start with the O1 :(

I tried to get tru to the rewards line at NCL today and it was jamed. I want to verify that the OBC option will still be available after Oct. if not, without the double points I have better rewards programs. We are sailing over Christmas and I do not like to tsfr. points too early as you loose them if you need to cancel. We really got it for the double points and OBC.

After BOA changed the program from MBNAs great deal, I have used this card less and less. Several months ago I brought all my cards (I have six- long story) up tp 2500 and transferred points for a 1% cash back.

I have been using the Venture card and it is fine, but be aware of the difference. If you redeem for cash back, you will only get a half percent :eek:, to get the full one pwrcent you need to do a credit card redemption for travel related expenses. Not a problem for me, but just be aware if you were planning on redeeming it for cash or credit toward nontravel charges.

Just spoke with NCL worldpoints desk and the agent told me the double points and current OBC program will remain in effect for the NCL mastercard after Oct. changes are to the B of A cards program. If you got a NCL mastercard on board (as we did) that program and that type of card will remain the same. Call 1-866-954-4077 Mon. thru Fri. for TA bookings and 7 days for NCL direct bookings. So happy we need that OBC!

Just spoke with NCL worldpoints desk and the agent told me the double points and current OBC program will remain in effect for the NCL mastercard after Oct. changes are to the B of A cards program. If you got a NCL mastercard on board (as we did) that program and that type of card will remain the same. Call 1-866-954-4077 Mon. thru Fri. for TA bookings and 7 days for NCL direct bookings. So happy we need that OBC!

That's great news, now I won't have to find another card.

Don't quite understand. You mean there are two different NCL MasterCards? Ours is NCL MasterCard platinum from BOA, which was offered through the NCL website.

I was under the impression that it wasn't the redemeption of points that was ending, but the 2-for-1 on NCL purchases that was being discontinued after 9/30.

I called BofA yesterday and the rep said there was no expiration date and even my cruise rep said she wasn't aware of anything expiring but said in an email that she would check today and let me know.

I just got approved for the card that I signed up for on the NCL web site and should have it in hand sometime this week. It'll be a bummer if they end the promo right after I get the card. :(

I just got an email from my cruise rep and she said that the NCL Worldpoints people just advised her, "...the promotion has not changed and that there is no expiration date..." This includes point redemption AND the 2-for-1 points on NCL purchases.

So, with that said, let the confusion commence! :D

I just got an email from my cruise rep and she said that the NCL Worldpoints people just advised her, "...the promotion has not changed and that there is no expiration date..." This includes point redemption AND the 2-for-1 points on NCL purchases.

So, with that said, let the confusion commence! :D

I'm way ahead of you -- I'm already totally confused!!

So I applied for the BOA Travel Rewards card and got 10,000 points for my trouble (online special). I could have just switched the NCL card to the Travel Rewards card, but that would not have gotten the bonus points. 10,000 pts = $100 statement credit (not World Points).:):):):)

Read the letter they are mailing next week carefully, you will see no mention of double points for NCL. They will still honor points you accrued but nothing gained past October 1st