Can I Have A Straight Answer Please!

wizard-of-roz

If someone does not have the capability of downloading E-Docs will Princess send you the Docs?

My TA says NO! But, he will download them and send them to me! :confused:

In the past, when we cruised Princess, we were sent Docs, in the mail.

I called Princess, was hold for so long....I fell asleep!

Somebody please give me a "straight" answer!

I made my final payment and I want to dance!!!!!!!!!!:D

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you can't download them from the Princess site, have them e-mailed to you. I don't understand why you can't download? I had them e-mailed to me, this way if I misplace them before we leave, I can print them anytime.

Since Princess went to E-Docs, if you can't download them, then you TA needs to do this and mail them to you. For those booked straight through Princess, I have no idea. But they do not send out documents like they used to. You receive pre-docs directly from Princess, but the actual boarding passes is all done online now.

If you can't download them from the Princess site, have them e-mailed to you. I don't understand why you can't download? I had them e-mailed to me, this way if I misplace them before we leave, I can print them anytime.

Exactly what forms do you need to download? Something different than the eBoarding Pass?

You cannot get the docs directly mailed from Princess. No more little blue packets.

But as others said, your TA will be happy to download, print and mail hard copies of edocs to you if you cannot do it yourself. That is part of their job.

For those booked straight through Princess, I have no idea.
From what I understand, if you book directly with Princess, as long as you return the Pre-Cruise documentation, either by mail or via the Personalizer, they just have you 'in the computer' when you check in. No printed cruise documents or boarding passes required. (I suppose technically that is true of anyone, whether booked with Princess or a TA).

From what I understand, if you book directly with Princess, as long as you return the Pre-Cruise documentation, either by mail or via the Personalizer, they just have you 'in the computer' when you check in. No printed cruise documents or boarding passes required. (I suppose technically that is true of anyone, whether booked with Princess or a TA).

That makes sense, I am sure you are correct. Thanks!

Do the luggage tags come in the "Pre-doc" packet or are they downloaded as well?

I don't have a computer at home and my job does not want cruise documents downloaded, anymore! I totally understand. They don't mind us using their email system for this, they just don't want us to download information that is not related to the business.

Got to keep the job to pay for those cruises....so, it's okay with me!!!!:)

I was just on the Princess site looking at all the forms. Is the Passenger Immigration Form you can download the same info that you fill out in the Cruise Personalizer? In other words, if you've filled out all the info in the Personalizer, you don't need to worry about downloading any of these forms?

Luggage tags come in the pre-cruise package right after final payment.

FYI, many libraries offer free or low-cost internet access if your work will not allow it, and you have no other access to a computer, too. (In case anyone else is in your dilemma)

We've booked our last few cruises directly through Princess. For the past two, we received e-documents about 75 days prior to sailing and printed our boarding passes. A pre-cruise packet is still sent from Princess that includes luggage tags, shore excursion booklet, and Cruise Answer Book.

Chris

Can I Have A Straight Answer Please!
No. Only lengthy bloviations, questionable advice overheard while in a tender queue, and wild-ass guesses are permitted. For straight answers you have to get in another line.

Thank you, come again. :D

No. Only lengthy bloviations, questionable advice overheard while in a tender queue, and wild-ass guesses are permitted. For straight answers you have to get in another line.

Thank you, come again. :D

:D :D

It has been a few months since I have done this but I believe you can just print the boarding passes, I don't think you have to download any files to your computer.

You are correct. No downloading.....just printing.

It has been a few months since I have done this but I believe you can just print the boarding passes, I don't think you have to download any files to your computer.

This is true. The boarding pass is just a one page document and nothing is really downloaded. Actually, all that's needed is the booking # and passenger ID and that will do it. Everything Princess needs will be in their system upon arrival at the pier.

On my last cruise - I printed the boarding pass from the lobby of the Renaissance. I had forgotten my copy that I printed at home. I was actually planning on going to the pier empty handed.

Spongerob: Is there anything STRAIGHT about a "bloviation!" Better than straight.....what the heck is it?

And, I beg your pardon sir; there is nothing "wild" about this "ass!"

Or, maybe there is!!!!!! :D

Thanks guys and gals for all the input.....I'm printing as we speak!

I know, I know...get into the year "2007" and put a computer in my home. I can't, I just can't...I'm so addicted to this "computer"...I'm afraid I'd become; "homebound" and my children would have to call the authorities to see if I'm still breathing! :eek:

I'll let the computer and all it's trappings stay at work. That way there's still some communication going on between the DH, the kids and me! :p

I'll let the computer and all it's trappings stay at work. That way there's still some communication going on between the DH, the kids and me! :p

Now why would you actually want to talk with them:D just email that way there are not any arguments.

Okay I will go back to work now...

Our TA prints them out all the time for people who are not able to obtain them. I feel the Cruise lines should not demand you have to go online, there are many who don't have a computer and have no intention of getting one at least for personal use. they are forcing them to have a TA do it or go to a friends house and have them do it.

Our TA prints them out all the time for people who are not able to obtain them. I feel the Cruise lines should not demand you have to go online, there are many who don't have a computer and have no intention of getting one at least for personal use. they are forcing them to have a TA do it or go to a friends house and have them do it.

Though, the airlines have been doing this for years and amazingly, people have been able to fly with out owning a computer.

Archived