Will A Cab Driver Take You From Hamilton Back To Saint George......????

Suesan Jean

I was just wondering, if when our cruise ship is docked in Hamilton, and if we would like to go back to the Saint George area,

Would a cab driver take us back.....???

How long of a drive would that be.....???

Would it be a LOT of money....???

There are just some beaches I would like to go too that I don't think we will have time to do when we are docked at Saint George......

How long DOES it take to drive from one end of Bermuda to the other....????:rolleyes:

THANK YOU.....!!!!:D icon14.gif

For ANY and ALL information......!!!!icon14.gif:)

I can't answer all your questions but a cab is $5.75 for the first mile and $2.00 for each additional mile. As the crow flies it may be 10- 12 miles to St. George but any of the routes are anything but direct. Could end up being very pricey.

What beaches in the St. George area do you want to go to?

let's see if I can answer a few more:

It takes about an hour to get from St. George to Dockyard at the West End (one end to the other), about 20-30 min from Hamilton to St George (and vice versa)

You're probably looking at about $40 for the cab ride from Hamilton to St. George

you might want to look into the transportation pass that allows you unlimited use of the bus and the ferries, it would save you a lot of money. $28 for three days, $20 for two days, $12 for one day. Check out http://www.gov.bm/ and click on Transport at the top of the page for route information.

Oh, and yes, a cab driver will take you anywhere you want to go on the island.

Hope this helps!

There are a lot of threads on this board about transportation to beaches. The sticky thread at the top has links to the public transportation schedules, very helpful for planning.

Theron

you might want to look into the transportation pass that allows you unlimited use of the bus and the ferries, it would save you a lot of money. $28 for three days, $20 for two days, $12 for one day.

If you're doing the 8days 7nites go w/the 3-day pass. Get the bus/ferry schedule and plan your route. It's very easy. I used the bus to go to Hamilton when the shipped docked in St. George. Certain routes stops at various sights,beaches,swizzle,attractions.

Which beaches did you have in mind? Tobacco, Achilles, and St. Catherine are w/in walking distance.

SJ, another way to look at it (or confuse you more) is if you're going to go from place to place (as opposed to just going someplace and staying there) you might be better off with the bus pass. In some cases (such as ours) it was actually cheaper and more convenient to take a taxi. We would just go to the beach and stay there and there was 6 of us so it make the taxi the cheaper alternative. Of course I didn't figure this out until AFTER I purchased the bus passes for 6 of us:rolleyes:

SJ, another way to look at it (or confuse you more) is if you're going to go from place to place (as opposed to just going someplace and staying there) you might be better off with the bus pass. In some cases (such as ours) it was actually cheaper and more convenient to take a taxi. We would just go to the beach and stay there and there was 6 of us so it make the taxi the cheaper alternative. Of course I didn't figure this out until AFTER I purchased the bus passes for 6 of us:rolleyes:

I figured that out a few years ago. The pass was not worth it for me. It was a waste since I was not taking multiple trips in one day. Sometimes I was going to the beach by myself for the day. In that case the bus tokens were cheaper. Other times we had four to six people just going to the beach or another destination. Then a taxi was best. In September I am going with a group of ten people. I doubt I will be taking any buses this coming cruise.

Archived