Just Back From Alaska!

kellywhitehills

Just a quickie as I am at work..Alaska was awesome as was the Carnival Spirit..If anyone is hesitant about sailing on the Spirit dont be..The ship is emmaculate, the food was excellent and the service was supurb..

I have downloaded a few photos taken mostly in Tracy Arm. The weather there was very nice..Kinda started out gray but the sun came out making a very nice day..

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559852870rlducw

Ill be more than happy to answer any questions and will be posting a review tomorrow or the next day..

Thank you for posting those spectacular Tracy Arm pictures! Hope it still looks like that two weeks from now when we'll be there! Looks like you got really close to the Sawyer Glaciers.

We were soo thankful we had booked the Tracy Arm excursion!!..Our only glacial sailing was fogged out and we couldnt get close to the Harvard Glacier..The guys from Adventure Bound were awesome they were out there pushing Ice away from the boat so we could get close...The scenery throught the Tracy Arm was soo beautiful soo pristine..The icebergs looked like they had a light on the inside making them glow..Photos do not do them justice..To me it was a bit overwhelming in a good way...I kept saying to myself wow..I cant believe how beautiful everything is...You should have a very nice excursion...

So glad to hear how much you loved your cruise and whole vacation! Were you on the same sailing as Seeuonboard? Did you have a meet and greet? Was she also as happy with everything?

Please tell us more about the ship. Do you know if Shawn is staying on as CD for July? We sail next week.

Did you whale watch with Case? Please share more about your tours or the Spirit in the next 2 days before we leave!!!

So glad to hear how much you loved your cruise and whole vacation! Were you on the same sailing as Seeuonboard? Did you have a meet and greet? Was she also as happy with everything?

Please tell us more about the ship. Do you know if Shawn is staying on as CD for July? We sail next week.

Did you whale watch with Case? Please share more about your tours or the Spirit in the next 2 days before we leave!!!

We very much enjoyed the whole experience..The ship was emmaculate the crew was friendly, the service was excellent as was the food. Our cabin was the BOMB! we had an aft wrap..This is definately the way to go as far as I am concerned...The extra$$$ were well spent!..The Cabin was very comfortable and we were sheltered from the wind...In fact we hardly ever had to use our jackets...

Yes Cheryl was on the ship the same time we were but we never seemed to meet up..We did talk on the phone once and she is VERY NICE!..

CD as far as I know she will be there. To tell you the truth she kind of irritated me with her way to happy attitude..:) But she seemed to do a great job.

wWe tendered 2 times..Sitka and Ketchikan...Tendering irritated me but hey we eventually got on shore and they got us there as fast as they could..If you are going next week you should be fine and only tender in Sitka..

Excursions....we only did 2..one was the Tracy Arm Tour out of Juneau..It was the highlight of our trip...So much so I think everyone should take it..;) We also did the Best of Skagway..It was ok..I enjoyed Liarsville and the salmon bake..The red onion was just OK...I think alot was the girl giving the tour..She was trying to hard if ya know what I mean..We did not do a formal whale watch...IF we did we would have gone with Case..I am sure he will give you a great experience. He always seems soo professional and sincere on the boards...

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

We were soo thankful we had booked the Tracy Arm excursion!!..Our only glacial sailing was fogged out and we couldnt get close to the Harvard Glacier..The guys from Adventure Bound were awesome they were out there pushing Ice away from the boat so we could get close...The scenery throught the Tracy Arm was soo beautiful soo pristine..The icebergs looked like they had a light on the inside making them glow..Photos do not do them justice..To me it was a bit overwhelming in a good way...I kept saying to myself wow..I cant believe how beautiful everything is...You should have a very nice excursion...

Was this booked thru ship or independent, if so how did you use? Opps see it is Adventure bound.. Sorry

Oh well about the cabin then. We have a wrap and the next 2 across the back next to it deck 4 for our Aug 1st sailing. How was the wind or lack of back there? We hope to open the particians for one big huge deck to view the scenery..

Was this booked thru ship or independent, if so how did you use? Opps see it is Adventure bound.. Sorry

Oh well about the cabin then. We have a wrap and the next 2 across the back next to it deck 4 for our Aug 1st sailing. How was the wind or lack of back there? We hope to open the particians for one big huge deck to view the scenery..

There was NO WIND when viewing straight back...But as we went around the corner to the port side we did have some wind. If the partition had been opened to the 9a nextdoor we would have had more wind ..But from the back it was really nice....Protected and we hardly ever used our jackets...If they will open those partitions you will have an awesome deck to view from...

Just a quickie as I am at work..Alaska was awesome as was the Carnival Spirit..If anyone is hesitant about sailing on the Spirit dont be..The ship is emmaculate, the food was excellent and the service was supurb..

I have downloaded a few photos taken mostly in Tracy Arm. The weather there was very nice..Kinda started out gray but the sun came out making a very nice day..

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559852870rlducw

Ill be more than happy to answer any questions and will be posting a review tomorrow or the next day..

Beautiful pictures, what camera did you use to get these awesome pictures. Glad you had a great time I just can't wait till September.

Do you have any pictures of the Spirit?

We are in an aft-wrap Sept. 5th - I am curious about the cabin.

Thanks

Ya know.....I dont have any shots of the cabin..I had seen soo many photos of the cabins I didnt think to take any...we were on the empress deck and the room was awesome...actually it was 2 rooms..a bedroom and a living room..the bathroom had a spa tub and I used it every night...Very relaxing!..Our cabin steward was Karma and he did an excellent job..

The ship decore was very nice..specially the lounge areas..really nice seating by the windows...the Lido deck was nice also..Much nicer than the RC ship I was on...everything sparkled and gleemed..It did not remind me of Vegas at all...

Ya know.....I dont have any shots of the cabin..I had seen soo many photos of the cabins I didnt think to take any...we were on the empress deck and the room was awesome...actually it was 2 rooms..a bedroom and a living room..the bathroom had a spa tub and I used it every night...Very relaxing!..Our cabin steward was Karma and he did an excellent job..

I am booked for an aft wrap on the empress deck next month! Which room did you have? Hopefully we will get a good cabin steward.

Photo 2808 is awesome!!! Really, really beautiful! I would die for that picture!

I am booked for an aft wrap on the empress deck next month! Which room did you have? Hopefully we will get a good cabin steward.

We had cabin 6260 and our cabin steward was awesome..His name was Karma..He was right on top of things! Johnny on the spot..

Kelly, were you at any of the shows? good? poor? was there a hypnotist ?

Also, did you have early or late dining? Any recommendations on that?

First night dinner - could you go at any time , or choose either 5:45 or 8:15?

Was formal night more casual than you anticipated?

Thank you for responding to our questions! It is so helpful to put our minds at ease! I hope it also helps to make your cruise mood linger a bit longer!

I thought the shows were good-- the hypnotist was hilarious! The two vegas shows were OK--the male singer missed one because he is apparently a finalist on America's got talent...one of the comedians was very funny, but we didn't care for the second one (Jerome)..we felt like he was recycling a lot of old jokes... Loved the legends show, but I have to admit total bias because I played Madonna....

We had late seating, which worked fine for most evening activities...apparently the early seating is much more popular on the spirit than the late seating, and I heard rumors that the early vegas shows were better than the later ones, but otherwise I don't think it made a difference...

On the first night it was open seating, but you had to pick one of the times, I think.

Formal night ranged from superformal to sundresses and nice pants...with most folks falling in the middle....we saw some tuxes, but not a lot...

We did run into seeuonboard on our whale watch and again in Skagway shopping, and they seemed to be having a great time!

I also hope to post a review this weekend and some pics as well...

Kelly, were you at any of the shows? good? poor? was there a hypnotist ?

Also, did you have early or late dining? Any recommendations on that?

First night dinner - could you go at any time , or choose either 5:45 or 8:15?

Was formal night more casual than you anticipated?

Thank you for responding to our questions! It is so helpful to put our minds at ease! I hope it also helps to make your cruise mood linger a bit longer!

No we did not go to any of the shows but watched parts of them on the ship TV. People were having a good time and yes there was a hypnotist. I heard alot of people talking about the hypnotist and it made me sorry we missed the show. To be honest with you we were just to tired to go to the shows..

We had early seating..Next time I may try the late only because a few nights we got back after or dinner time...However we found out the last night that we could have been seated at the late seating on the nights we missed our regular time..First night we just ate at the buffet...The deli was very nice..we ate there more than anything else..We also ate breakfast in the dining room one day...It was a nice change from the same old buffet breakfast..Which was nice just the same everyday..

Formal nights...there were 2...the first was the second night and people were dressed very nice..I did see a few nice jeans worn with western shirts by a few men..Not everyone wore a tie..People were dressed very nice for the most part..I never saw anyone turned away from the dining room because of what they were wearing..They served Lobster on the first formal night..We did not attend the second formal night..I believe it was the 5th night..I think that was the day we did Skagway..I would classify the dress on Formal night to be more semi formal..We were very comfortable with what we wore..But then I dont give a flip about what people think about what I wear anyway..We did follow the rules..:)

Archived