Beer and wine??

tonimari99

My friend is very picky with beer. Does anyone know if it is cans that beer is served in or is it bottles? She WILL NOT drink beer from a can. Also, does anyone know about airport restrictions as far as bottles are concerned? Just wondering about if I will need to check wine or if I can carry it on. Thanks! I'm packing right now to leave tonight so I probably should have asked this sooner. :eek:

Since you're packing now, let me answer you quickly about that part I know: you cannot carry on wine (unless it's in bottles of less than 3oz.!). Remember those pesky little TSA rules regarding liquids/gels? Shortsightedly, they made no exception for wine, so you'll have to check it (which sounds like a recipe for breakage to me . . . is there a way you could buy what you need at the port?).

Sorry I don't know the beer can v. bottle answer since I don't drink beer. Dreadful stuff... [smile].

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

I am wondering that right now. Maybe I should buy everything in new york and just take it from there. Hmm. I am from new york and have no idea where to find stuff in the city anymore...although i'm sure new york city has wine, lol.

Grolsch (Dutch) came in swingtop 500ml bottles, good.

Dos Equis (mexican) came in bottles, good.

Becks (german) in bottles good.

Budweiser in cans..ugh.

Fosters in BIG oil cans, good, pour in glass

Guinness and Boddingtons in cans, pour into glass.

I generally stay with the bottles of BECKS on board. I don't like drinking from cans either, bottle or glass for me.

Cheers:cool:

ToniMari,

I do believe there is a liquor store fairly close to the pier. If you are driving or taking a cab, it is in one of those side blocks in Red Hook. I don't know where exactly. Someone did a photo essay posting pics of the surrounding area in Red Hook. In a few of the pics, there was a wine/liquor store.

If you will be in Manhattan, you will have no problem getting wine. There is a liquor store in many places in and around Manhattan.

As for beer, there are those aluminum bottles that are fairly new. I don't like drinking from a can, but these are a little different and I seem to think a little better and colder than a can.

The beers in bottles are as posted by another poster: Dos Equis, Beck's, and Grolsch. There are a few on tap as well. I do like draught beer better than canned and you can get a 32oz. plastic cup of draught for like $4.00 -$6.00, I don't remember exactly. After a few bottles, the draught goes down a little smoother, lol.

After a few hours on the Crown, when they saw me coming they knew what to get ready-The Big Beer!

Grolsch (Dutch) came in swingtop 500ml bottles, good.

Dos Equis (mexican) came in bottles, good.

Becks (german) in bottles good.

Budweiser in cans..ugh.

Fosters in BIG oil cans, good, pour in glass

Guinness and Boddingtons in cans, pour into glass.

I generally stay with the bottles of BECKS on board. I don't like drinking from cans either, bottle or glass for me.

Cheers:cool:

Don't you love how you are ignored,,anybody out there oops they didn't see you

Archived