Strangely Low Prices for April 2008...

Rowan555

I just checked cruise prices for the Fantasy for next year - we normally only cruise between September and January because the rates are so much lower then - but I booked a cruise for 4 of us on the Fantasy next April for just under $1300. I've paid that much for November and December in the past. I'm pretty excited! That will be my 9th Carnival cruise, and I'm looking forward to booking the NEXT one and being at number 10!

I just wanted to give a heads up in case rates are low for other ships as well. I only ever check cruises out of NOLA.

It's a good thing I like the Fantasy, this will be cruise number 4 on her...

I dont think folks book ahead as far on the 4 and 5 day cruises as they do on the 7 day cruises? Seems like that to me, they use the shorter cruises for last minute get aways.

I agree - but Carnival generally prices April and May cruises pretty high anyway. I've never seen them under $400 pp for April for the 5 day. We generaly try to pay no more than $1300 for a 5 day cruise for the 4 of us, so spring has never been an option.

I have to say, though, that my bargain spring cruise ended up making a LOT of money for Carnival. My PVP mentioned the Splendor repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco, and I ended up booking that on my parents' behalf. I think it's 49 days long with 19 port stops, and their total came to $8500. Now THAT'S a bargain.

Carnival generally prices April and May cruises pretty high anyway.

I disagree. We sail almost exclusively from mid-April to mid-May because we always get GREAT deals that time of year. Why? Because the kids are in school, it's after spring break and before summer break. Generally any time the kiddies are in school there are bargains to be found.

Archived