Galveston parking options

EZ cruise is the best!!! Go on their website and you get reserve a spot and you also get $5.00 off!! They are friendly, punctual and you can carry ALL your luggage to the port, without having to drop luggage off first!!

EZ cruise is the best!!! Go on their website and you get reserve a spot and you also get $5.00 off!! They are friendly, punctual and you can carry ALL your luggage to the port, without having to drop luggage off first!!

EZ cruise was great for us. We drove to the port and DH dropped the luggage, myself and DD at the port then he drove to the lot and parked the car then walked back to us. It is a quick walk.

We also reserved online and received a discount. I have read not to take them up on extra car wash services though.

I used EZ Cruise until I had to park at the alternate lot...the one they use for 4 or 5 night cruises now.

I've since used Lighthouse Parking with good result. I'll be using them next week for the 4th time.

EZ Cruise is great. Pre-booked on the internet and had no problems. If you are arriving the day before, you may be able to leave your car at the hotel for no charge. They may also have free shuttle. Check at Galveston.Com for a list of hotels that provide cruise parking.

Dave

I used EZ Cruise until I had to park at the alternate lot...the one they use for 4 or 5 night cruises now.

I've since used Lighthouse Parking with good result. I'll be using them next week for the 4th time.

Iv used them several times and don't think the alternative lot has anything to do with 4/5 day cruises. Iv done both and they said its an overflow lot, once the first lot fills up then they direct you over to the 2nd lot. I get there early enough I have never parked in the 2nd lot and yes, have gone on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston.

We used Lighthouse parking and were very happy. We dropped off our luggage first, but many people didn't. There was plenty of room in the shuttle for luggage. They were very efficient in getting us to and from the pier. The shuttle driver was very friendly. We plan on using them again for the next cruise.

Is price the only difference between the EZCruise, Lighthouse and the Port parking lots? I hear a lot about the two private lots but not that much about the Port lot. Is it bad or just more expensive? Is it closer or further away than the other two. thanks for any help you can give.

We used EZ cruise this past June and were happy with them. We paid on line ahead of time and saved a bit. There was no delay getting to the ship and the van was right outside on our return. All in all a smooth operation.

Is price the only difference between the EZCruise, Lighthouse and the Port parking lots? I hear a lot about the two private lots but not that much about the Port lot. Is it bad or just more expensive? Is it closer or further away than the other two. thanks for any help you can give.

You pay more for the port parking lots and they will not transport your luggage from their lots to the port. People have made reservations on line with EZ Cruise and arrived after 2PM to find there were no more parking spaces available. This may not be a problem now that Princess no longer sails from Galveston. I have yet to hear any complaints about the Lighthouse parking lot.

• 3 weeks later...

The Lighthouse shuttle has to drop you off about a ship length away from security. Porters still show up to take your bags, but becuase they have to schlep them so far, we felt obligated to tip them a little better. Same on the disembark.

We still would go that way because of the 2nd difference. The lighthouse shuttles seem to run more frequently than the port parking shuttles. When we disembarked the Conquest, we thought we might be done with Lighthouse when we saw the line for regluar parking right outside of immergration when we had to walk quite a bit for our shuttle. Changed our tune when we saw the same people waiting there as we shuttled by...

Archived