Anyone have drink prices?

kpatter

I asked this earlier on the Carnival board, but got no replies.

Anyone?...

Would anyone kindly report the prices on Conquest for beer, mixed drinks, soft drinks, and bottles of booze from their ship store? We are trying to compare the cost of buying from them vs. "do-it-yourself".

I don't have a cut and dry answer, but what do you mean "do it yourself?" are you talking about smuggling your booze on board or are you talking about ordering a pre sailing bar set up? If that is what you are referring to, it is the least expensive way, if you intend to try and get the liqour on you are taking a gamble, but good luck.

Nita

I thought we would spend alot more on drinks because you are constantly using your card! But surprisingly, on a 7 day cruise our bar bill came to under 400. That is for two 25 year olds. I got a lot of mixed drinks and buckets of beers. The buckets on the Triumph were 17 dollars for 4 beers. The mixed drinks were probably 6.95, cheaper if you bought the souveneir glass, which reduced the price to 5.95, if I remember correctly. Juice, milk, water, iced tea, lemonade, all free. Coffee and tea is free as well, unless you get gourmet at the coffee shop. All in all, I compared the prices to that in the city of Boston MA bars. Hope this helps!

actually, either smuggling, or buying bottles from the ship.

I was curious how much, for instance, a bottle of rum costs onboard,

compared to your local liquor store.

And, whether a bucket of beer is worth it.

A bucket of beer is definitely worth it. It comes to 17 per bucket. One beer is like 5 bucks, so you are saving in the long run. Plus, you get a fancy little bucket on ice. Tell the waiter NOT to open the bottles so you can save them for later.

The rum on board is SOo much cheaper than at home. We got 2 absolut bottles for 20 bucks. I think rum is under 20 bucks ( can't remember). We got 4 bottles for under 50 bucks. That included the 2 vodkas, a bottle of Parrot Bay and Capt Morgans. They don't let you take the bottles you buy to your room until the last night. On the last night of the cruise, they deliver all liquor. I had no problem bringing it on from the islands,where it is even cheaper!

thanks, Mangos.

I am surprised that you said booze by the bottle is cheaper on board than

at home...if that's the case, why does much smuggling go on (I was considering some rumsmuggling myself)?

Wouldn't it be better to buy a bottle on board, and use a soft drink card for stuff to mix it with, than to smuggle?

Well certainly we don't find it cheaper on the ship and NM has very high booze prices. BTW, you can't buy it on board once you are on the ship but have to order it to be in your cabin when you board the ship. I don't remember the price on Carnival for a bar set up: on HAL is is about $29.00 for a bottle of rum, NCL it is $40.00 and Celebrity is much higher.

Nita

thanks, Mangos.

I am surprised that you said booze by the bottle is cheaper on board than

at home...if that's the case, why does much smuggling go on (I was considering some rumsmuggling myself)?

Wouldn't it be better to buy a bottle on board, and use a soft drink card for stuff to mix it with, than to smuggle?

:eek:

From what I have read on here, you cannot have the alcohol you buy from the onboard store until the last night of your cruise. So, unless you are looking for a killer hangover when you disembark the next morning, you can't really just mix it and drink it all on your cruise.

:eek:

From what I have read on here, you cannot have the alcohol you buy from the onboard store until the last night of your cruise. So, unless you are looking for a killer hangover when you disembark the next morning, you can't really just mix it and drink it all on your cruise.

correct- although prices on alcohol are cheaper onboard then at home-- the reason people smuggle it onboard is they can have it during hte week.

Carnival will take the stuff you buy onboard and keep it til the last night.

Same with stuff you buy in the ports-- they want you to turn it in but if youwait til they are real busy checking people in you could bypass that line too.

Archived