Explorer of the Seas cruise July 6th –15

Just back from Explorer of the Seas cruise to Bermuda, St Maarten St Thomas and Puerto Rico July 6th –15.

Found this cruise absolutely wonderful. Great food fantastic service lots to do.

Pros:

Went out of NJ only 4 hours from my house.

Main dining area…found the wait staff wonderful even the headwaiter came by every day to check on us. Food was very good and prompt.

Windjammer café excellent selection very good food.

Johnny Rockets 3.95 cover but we ate 5 plates of onion rings to offset the cost. Very good food.

Fantastic pool band. I stayed out at the main pool from 10; 30A till 5 p enjoying every minute of the band, pool games and piped in music when the band did not play.

Deck police…forget about trying to hog chairs. The deck patrol kept all in line.:D

Fantastic shows….From the ice show to the Drifters to the stand up comics to the dance shows.

Great weight room and gym I used this 2 times a day.

Cons:mad:

No laundry machines and dryers. All clothes were washed at a per item cost.

No non-smoking bars unless I missed them. [Any help here?]

No drink refill station poolside. You pretty much had to go to the windjammer Café for tea, water etc and were out of luck when they closed for cleaning. Only 1 water fountain on the main pool deck. We ended up getting a soda cup around $60.00 for 9 days. Then the wait staff would fill it up

Jogging path on top of the ship…very hot and cumbersome, as you had to dodge people who were strolling.

Hand cleaning was not enforced at restaurant entrances as on other cruises I have taken. [Disney, Carnival]

Deck police kept the chairs in line but would not enforce keeping kids out of adult only hot tubs and pool areas.

People eating and drinking in the pools and hot tubs. Seems unsanitary.

Overall this was one of my favorite cruises and I plan on going back in June 2008.

As my son told me. Great food, great entertainment, you visit cool places unpack once and big boobies everywhere how can you go wrong.

I sure can’t argue with that logic!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As my son told me. Great food, great entertainment, you visit cool places unpack once and big boobies everywhere how can you go wrong.

I sure can’t argue with that logic!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh-oh, watch out for the thought police, 75% or more of the posters here are female.:D :D

Yes how true...but when your 20 years old does anything else matter :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

I am 60+ and also enjoyed the boobie parade. My cooperative wife always points out the best examples to me. As she says "he's harmless, who cares if he checks 'em out"

Explorer is a great ship. I want to try the 9 night Caribbean and Bermuda. Explorer was my favorite ship, and that itinerary is great. it is also only a 6 hr. drive from PIT. No airfare, i love that.

Archived