Sorry, I know it has been asked a !000 times!!

delmar60

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a charge for a 2 years old child at the Sabatini's ?

Thanks

Sabatini's is a classy restaurant. Why would you bring a 2 year old to it? Also, what if he/she acts like a normal child and is fussy, why should the rest of us be subjected to your child?

DON

While I understand you want your child to enjoy the finer points of cruising, I must agree with donaldsc's opinion, though not the blunt way he put it.

Dining at Sabitini's is a two and a half to three hour experience, and a two year old child would not enjoy such an experience. I would advise you to stick to the dining options that best suit families with young children, and to save Sabitini's for another cruise when you either do not have your child along or the child is old enough for the Kids Program.

While I understand you want your child to enjoy the finer points of cruising, I must agree with donaldsc's opinion, though not the blunt way he put it.

Dining at Sabitini's is a two and a half to three hour experience, and a two year old child would not enjoy such an experience. I would advise you to stick to the dining options that best suit families with young children, and to save Sabitini's for another cruise when you either do not have your child along or the child is old enough for the Kids Program.

It's doubtful there would be anything on that menu that would appeal to a 2 year old... no spaghetti Os there!!!

In regards to the 2-year-old issue, I think it's a matter of how well the parents feel the child can handle that kind of atmosphere. I've taken my (now 4-year old) child into many places where we've gotten looks from folks, worried that she will cry and carry on and ruin their meal. By the end of the meal, those same folks are coming to our table and complimenting us on how well behaved she is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all kids are hellions. It's entirely possible that their 2-year-old will do just fine in Sabatini's.

Is there a charge for a 2 years old child at the Sabatini's ?

Thanks

I have to admit, I have never seen a child that young in Sabatinis before. In fact, there are usually very few children (of any age) in Sabatinis. This is an elegant meal that can last a very long time where coarses are brought around to your table. Even though I know you would love to go and have your child with you, it might be worth re-thinking. My guess would be that they would charge for a 2 year old just to sway you against dining at Sabatinis with a child that young. All of the passengers dining are there for a quiet and elegant meal and taking a child this young could possibly spoil the meal for those that paid the extra also expecting a very quiet dining experience.

As said, there also would be very little on the menu that would interest a child of this age. But the decision is totally yours.

My daughter she is about 2 years and 7 months at the time of sailing. She is well mannered quiet and very polite. She is much more matured for her age. Always says thank you when I give her something and says sorry when she felt she did something wrong.

This is our first time cruising with Princess and we were curious to the cost of the specialty restaurant on the ship.

Thank you to those who did kindly replied.

My daughter she is about 2 years and 7 months at the time of sailing. She is well mannered quiet and very polite. She is much more matured for her age. Always says thank you when I give her something and says sorry when she felt she did something wrong.

This is our first time cruising with Princess and we were curious to the cost of the specialty restaurant on the ship.

I think some of the others got carried away. I do not believe they allow 2 year olds in any of the specialty restaurants. In fact, I recall seeing something in print that nobody under 13 is allowed.

Pia

Your daughter may be very mature for such a young age, but is her palate? Sabatini's has a more sophisticated menu that may not appeal to a child's tastebuds. You only select your entree and are brought tastes of everything else...many having strong tastes and seasoning. It might be best to feed her earlier and then bring her to the childrens programs while you enjoy your Sabatini's meal.

You can check out the menus for both specialty restaurants at this site: http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/theshipws.html

I think some of the others got carried away. I do not believe they allow 2 year olds in any of the specialty restaurants. In fact, I recall seeing something in print that nobody under 13 is allowed.

Pia

My 11 year old just joined us at Sabatini's and really enjoyed herself! Under 13 and no problem!

You can check out the menus for both specialty restaurants at this site: http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/theshipws.html

Thank you for posting the menus. We are thinking of going to Sabbatini's on the Emerald Princess next February.

Are there any other fees associated with going to the specialty restaurants besides the $20/$25 cover charge? We read an article in a magazine and the writer said they went to the specialty restaurant and spent $200(?). I'm thinking they spent a lot on alcohol. Are you able to comment on this?

Guest scfjjb

Have a great cruise... but just fyi - my husband and I thought dinner at Sabatini's was too long for us! We did enjoy Sterling where it is easier to set your own pace.

I remember when my children were little, we took them everywhere with us. I encourage for you to do the same. Mine are grown now.

----

We were in Panama City at Captain Andersons, fine resturant and the small one sitting behind my son (20 years old) was doing blood curling screams. I felt like daddy should have taken him from the table to calm him down....some time out time. But hey that is part of living, even with screams from very vocal little ones.

God bless,

I don't think anyone answered your question. We have done the steakhouse several times, and think that the tad bit extra service, and the food is a bit better. For example the shrimp cocktail features shrimp bigger than my thumb - more like large prawns. I'm a steak and potato kind of guy, and I prefer the more intimate atmosphere in the steakhouse (at least on the ships we've been on so far). With pretty darn good food in the regular restaurants it seems silly to pay extra for food on the ship, but if you can afford it I think it's worth it.

We haven't been to Sabatinis - taking 2-3 hours to eat doesn't appeal to me, we did that enough when we lives in Italy :-)

I do not believe they allow 2 year olds in any of the specialty restaurants. In fact, I recall seeing something in print that nobody under 13 is allowed.

Pia

Maybe that was a few years ago or another cruiseline (I know that is RCI's policy for their speciality restaurants) because my nephews ages 8 and 6 were at Sabatini's a couple of weeks ago.

Archived