Can I get an iron to iron my own clothes?

Brewhaha

I know that I can't take an iron onto the O-dam but I wanted to know if there were irons in the rooms or if they were available from house keeping? If so, are they free?
No, they are too much of a fire hazard, no matter what the source. Your only option is the ship's laundry service.

Here is what HAL says on their website regarding irons: "Self-service laundromats are situated in various locations on board, except the ms Noordam, ms Zuiderdam, ms Westerdam and ms Oosterdam. The facility consists of washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards. There is a charge for the use of washers & dryers. For safety reasons, we ask you to refrain from ironing clothes in your stateroom"

In the laundry rooms on the Ryndam, there were a couple of irons and ironing boards for guests to use. You have to take your clothes to the laundry room to iron, but at least you can do it yourself.

I was a little worried about our clothes getting really wrinkled during travel before our cruise, but it was really no problem. I had ironed everything before we went and used a garment bag for anything I wanted to hang. When we got on the ship and unpacked everything seemed great. I did bring a little bottle of wrinkle releaser with me, but only used it once. I think things should be fine if you plan when packing.

In the laundry rooms on the Ryndam, there were a couple of irons and ironing boards for guests to use. You have to take your clothes to the laundry room to iron, but at least you can do it yourself.

Yes, but this won't help on Oosterdam or other Vista class ships, which have no self-service laundries. Part of the "signature of excellence?"

Regarding steamers, at the risk of being banned from HAL for life for mentioning this, note that every cabin has its own steamer - it's called a bathroom.

On our last Noordam voyage I signed up for the unlmited pressing service for $30. I pack everything unironed before I leave. As soon as I unpack, I make a pile of items to be pressed. They came back beautifully pressed on hangers the next day. Much less work and well worth the price. Items came back better than new.:)

On our last Noordam voyage I signed up for the unlmited pressing service for $30. I pack everything unironed before I leave. As soon as I unpack, I make a pile of items to be pressed. They came back beautifully pressed on hangers the next day. Much less work and well worth the price. Items came back better than new.:)

What a great idea!

Do all the ship's have an unlimited pressing for $30.00 or is it just the Vista class..Had I known about this on the Prinsendam I would not have pressed all DH's shirts before I packed them...:) Betty

Archived