Where is the worst place to have a cabin?

johnboy1981

We got upgraded from the bottom deck to the 8th floor on the Caribbean Princess. It is an interior room. However, the room is all the way in the front of the ship, the very last room. Is it going to be a "rocky" week or will it not matter because we are higher up. Thanks. :confused:

On other boards I have read that the least motion is in cabins that are on lower decks and in the center of the ship, so moving up and to the end of the ship will increase motion in the cabin, I think. I have had cabins on upper decks on the two cruises I have been on and it was not bad at all, but there were relatively calm seas and the cabins were in the center, so I cannot comment on how much being in a cabin the front will matter. Sorry.

Worst rooms are high and to the front of the ship. The higher the rockier. The more forward the rockier.

Rooms low and to the middle are the most stable (and hence why RCL has the ice rink there).

We are on the CB in October and we are on Emerald, near the front. But we have also been on the Golden on Aloha and in the front. Didn't bother us, except for the day we were in a Beaufort 11... that's one below hurricane.

Is it going to be a "rocky" week?

An awful lot will depend on your location and the weather. If you are going transatlantic in February the chances are that you are in for a very rough crossing, however if you are sailing round the Caribbean in August I wouldn't expect you to have a problem. Remember as well that there are a lot of people who don't think they've been on a ship if they can't feel it move and there are some (including me!) who think horrendous weather is quite fun:)

I've also heard center of the ship is most stable. Front of the ship is worst.

If you are on an Atlantis cruise, the pool deck is also usually at the center of the ship. We had an interior cabin on deck 7. We heard the pounding music from the parties ALL night. Friends who had window cabins didn't hear a thing.

WAIT, don't give up the deck 8 cabin just yet. As far as we know, the ship you'll be sailing on will be mostly in Caribbean waters which should be very smooth sailing. If either of you are subject to sea sickness (are you?) you can get medication aboard ship. Most important is the location of the cabin. Is one cabin much closer to the activities that you will be participating in? That would be the one to choose.

Hope this helps.

J & K

We are on the Caribbean Princess, Baja Deck room 304 or 204 I believe. We are going to the Eastern Caribbean. All of the interior rooms are sold out, so I guess there is no way around it. I have been on 2 cruises before and have never been sick yet. Aside from the potential roughness of the waters, someone had postedon another site that this room boarders the crew quarters on one side and it was noisy. I thought the crew was down at the bottom. We have friends in another cabin on the same floor that we can always share with if necessary.

Usually the one next to an ex boyfriend travelling w/ his latest trick!!!

Seriously......we too got an upgrade on the NOORDAM this past February - to a higher deck & forward...big mistake.....I am a good sailor but the BF had a few restless nites & the creaking was horrible. It was an upgrade to the cruise line but since the suite was the same size - our original midship location was much better. And we had a relatively smooth cruise.

I now alays book midhip...from bow to aft & top to bottom.....these new ships were not made for what the oceans kick up.

I always select cabins that are sandwiched between other cabins (above and below). Avoid cabins above or below a lounge, where you will hear throbbing bass till the wee hours of the morning. I would say the worst cabin I ever had was underneat the pool deck. At 6am, we would hear lounge chairs being dragged all over the wood deck above us for an hour or more. Then when we took a late afternoon nap, we'd hear them putting them all away.

Brian

:o Well, it looks like i'll have to pack extra bonine for my upcoming cruise. I booked a forwardmost cabin on the Brilliance on deck 10. I thought it was a good move then, but after reading this thread i'm now having doubts. I know this cruise (Atlantis Charter) is not sold out and maybe I should rebook. I'll sleep on it...

• 2 months later...

We were in one of the most-forward inside cabins on the Aloha Deck of the Sun Princess last December. It was rocky leaving Fort Lauderdale. The rest of our cruise was smooth. My partner managed to deal. He feels the motion more than I do. Larger ships, like the Caribbean Princess, should do better.

And I was going to say that the worst place to have a cabin is a Carnival or Norwegian ship.

Archived