Room Choice on The Mariner

What is your favorite location on the Mariner?

We are cruising on her again in Oct. 2008 and can not decided which cabin to book. I am looking at a balcony cabin in the very back on deck 9 and my other choice is a balcony cabin on the hump in the middle of the ship.

Also which side has the best views in port? Any information will be helpful.

Our choice are hump cabins on deck 8...We have only done the Eastern Itinerary so far (will do Western 2/08) and we prefer the starboard side...

You can't go wrong with a mid-hump or an aft cabin...Whatever you chose you will have a wonderful time...Mariner is our favorite ship we have sailed all the classes and are getting ready to sail the Radiance class. We will be sorry to see her go to California, but happy that the Ca. folks will have a chance to sail on this great ship:D ...Later, Jill:cool:

I've booked Cabin #8620 which is "dead-center" on the hump for my 10/12/08 Mariner cruise. It will be the first time I've cruised solo and am I ever excited about it!

Although I've not posted a question asking about photos of that particular cabin's balcony, I've heard it's oversized enough to hold a table, two chairs and two loungers! Imagine all that room just for me!

I considered an aft cabin but I really prefer midship because I'm half-way there to wherever it is that I want or need to go...

Cindy

Ken - Hopefully we'll both be pleasantly surprised! I know it will hold two loungers and a table, and recall being told by a cruiser who stayed in that cabin, that they had friends over to their balcony and had two chairs provided for them to sit on.

Would you consider a request from me? Would you possibly be willing to take pix of the cabin and balcony for me (and other posters) and post them online or email them to me? My email address is my screen name plus @comcast.net.

Most of all, I just hope you have a wonderful time aboard the Mariner! Enjoy!

Cindy

Let us both hope you are correct about the balconies!!

I will be glad to take pictures. Thank you for wishing me to have a wonderful cruise, and in turn I hope you will also have a GREAT cruise!

We've sailed on Mariner twice, and have always been in a balcony room, a little behind the hump on the port side. (7646 and 7648) Great location, and we've always had a nice view while we've been in port. Next time, we'll be in our first hump cabin, but I don't recall the balconies being much larger than what we had in a regular balcony room. I would be interested to hear if the center hump balcony is really that large. Might have to consider booking that one in the future!

I think it's all about location really. The closer you are to the hump, the more convenient it is to the elevator and the stairs. Excellent location!

I've booked Cabin #8620 which is "dead-center" on the hump for my 10/12/08 Mariner cruise. It will be the first time I've cruised solo and am I ever excited about it!

Although I've not posted a question asking about photos of that particular cabin's balcony, I've heard it's oversized enough to hold a table, two chairs and two loungers! Imagine all that room just for me!

I considered an aft cabin but I really prefer midship because I'm half-way there to wherever it is that I want or need to go...

Cindy

I think you may have gotten some bad information. On the Mariner (and all Voyager class ships) the balconies on the hump are about the same size as all the other balconies except the aft balconies. You'll have a GREAT view forward and aft, but your balcony will be standard size. Here's a picture that was posted on here recently that shows the balcony layout on the Mariner and her sister ships:

Balconies.jpg.5df5830a24c2046792c4cba6b7b46fa4.jpg

We've sailed on Mariner twice, and have always been in a balcony room, a little behind the hump on the port side. (7646 and 7648) Great location, and we've always had a nice view while we've been in port. Next time, we'll be in our first hump cabin, but I don't recall the balconies being much larger than what we had in a regular balcony room. I would be interested to hear if the center hump balcony is really that large. Might have to consider booking that one in the future!

I think it's all about location really. The closer you are to the hump, the more convenient it is to the elevator and the stairs. Excellent location!

We just booked again for next June on the Mariner too. We had a corner aft this year but have center hump for next year. Does anyone have any pictures showing that those are larger. I have always heard that the hump balconies are the same size as other balconies but just can see front to back.

We just booked again for next June on the Mariner too. We had a corner aft this year but have center hump for next year. Does anyone have any pictures showing that those are larger. I have always heard that the hump balconies are the same size as other balconies but just can see front to back.

The draw of the hump is the view and convenient location, not the size of the balcony. My family had three cabins on the hump on the Mariner last month: 9622, 9620, and 9612. We loved our cabins, but the balconies weren't really any bigger than the other side balconies.

Are you sailing eastern or western itinerary? We did western in June and had a hump cabin. We were port side and faced the dock in both Ocho Rios and Cozumel. Labadee and Grand Cayman were tendered.

The draw of the hump is the view and convenient location, not the size of the balcony. My family had three cabins on the hump on the Mariner last month: 9622, 9620, and 9612. We loved our cabins, but the balconies weren't really any bigger than the other side balconies.

You and I posted at the same time before.:) We have 9620 on the Mariner next June. We had 1688 this past June and loved it. Huge balcony, very quiet, nice size cabin. We would have taken that again in a heartbeat but it is already booked. 9620 was available so we will give that a shot. I am a little concerned about hallway noise since we had no hallway traffic back where we were. The location will be nice though the walk to aft never was an issue either.

9620 was available so we will give that a shot. I am a little concerned about hallway noise since we had no hallway traffic back where we were. The location will be nice though the walk to aft never was an issue either.

I've stayed on the hump twice and never noticed any extra noise. The cabin hallway is separate from the elevator lobby and the stairs, and noise from that area doesn't travel over to the cabins. We like the location so much that we reserved 9318 on the Voyager for next year.

Thanks sooo much!

We'll be in 7646 on Sep 2. It's great to hear that this was a good cabin choice. This is our first time on Mariner.:D

Cindy

I don't think your balcony will be that big - we've stayed in 7th floor hump cabins 7612-7614 on the Mariner and the balconies were standard sized with just small table and regular chairs. The view is nice, but the balcony is no bigger than a regular side cabin balcony.

Our favorite cabin on the Mariner is 7688 (corner AFT)! - now that's a huge balcony!!

Thanks sooo much!

We'll be in 7646 on Sep 2. It's great to hear that this was a good cabin choice. This is our first time on Mariner.:D

You will love Mariner, and although 7646 isn't on the hump, it's close enough that it's still a convenient location. Actually, the ship is big, but the walking never seemed to bother me. I don't think there could be a bad location on Mariner...it's a cruise after all!

Here's a picture of 7646 for you. If you flip through them there are a couple more. Ours was decorated for our 25th Anniversary. :)

IMG_0127

We had an aft on Mariner and won't do it again. The balcony was HUGH! 4 loungers, 4 chairs and a table. I had to put 2 pieces of luggage out there as there was no room under the bed--life jackets were there. I also didn't like looking where we had been rather than up and down the side of the ship. And the long walk! I had read about the staff stairwell up to buffet area but we were told not to use it.

Ken and all - I owe all of you a huge apology! I shouldn't post after I've been up working all night! The posters who said the Mariner hump balconies aren't really any larger than other balconies are correct!

I must have had a brain fog because the balcony I should have said was larger than others around it is the one I have booked on the Jewel of the Seas for Nov. 11 of this year! It's cabin 9092 and THAT balcony is the one I should have referenced.

Ken - I'm sure you and I will still love cabin 8620 and its balcony and if you're still willing to take pix of it for me, I'd really appreciate it. If you're disappointed that I unintentionally misled you and want to forego any pix, I'll understand.

A word of advice - sleep before posting!:o

Cindy

Our favorite cabin on the Mariner is 7688 (corner AFT)! - now that's a huge balcony!!

That's the one that I have booked for April! :D I am definately looking forward to having the lounge chairs. This is our first balcony. I found pictures on voyager-class.com that were great. I think that there are photos of all of the balcony locations there.

You will love Mariner, and although 7646 isn't on the hump, it's close enough that it's still a convenient location. Actually, the ship is big, but the walking never seemed to bother me. I don't think there could be a bad location on Mariner...it's a cruise after all!

Here's a picture of 7646 for you. If you flip through them there are a couple more. Ours was decorated for our 25th Anniversary. :)

IMG_0127

Thank you. I really appreciate the info and pix. It's our anniversary too, so I think I'll follow your lead and order the decorations.

Thank you all for your post!

I ended up booking cabin 7558 port side for Oct 2008. I waited to long to book the hump and the aft would be to far from the elevators for DH. He is a diabetic and has loads of trouble with his feet, so any steps we can save will be a blessing for him. Hope this side has the same great views of the ports as my last trip on her. The views were breath taking. Every morning I would get up and go out on the balcony and take a photo of the port and then just sit there and take in the view before going into port.

Archived