Bruges Taxis-?

I have contacted 2 taxi services regarding taxi service from our Zeebruge stop to Bruges in September. Although both companies have web sites and are recommended on these boards, I cannot get any response. Will taxis be available for hire when we get off the ship, or do we have to arrange it in advance? Any info is welcome. Thank you.

April 2007 I contracted a taxi to carry 8 people to Brugge from the ship. They dropped us off in the center of town and returned to pick us up and return us to the ship at a given time. I had good luck by calling the company direct. They charge the same price for each of their taxi's whether a car for 2-4 people or the van which holds 8. (They have 2 vans) I am sorry I do not have the hone number now. Look for Burgse Taxi Service web site. The email was info@brugsetaxiservice.com. Be sure to spell it Brugse on the inter net.

Just another suggestion:

The ship's bus shuttle (about $10 per person for the day) drops you off at the Blankenburg train station. It's a simple walk inside, buy a ticket for Brugge, and get on the train (about 100 feet away). The train ride through the countryside is nice, and it takes about 20 minutes.

Then at Brugge you can take a taxi to the central part of town if you don't want to walk. However, walking along the canals is so picturesque, you might want to do that. See the picture next to my board name above: it's Brugge.

• 2 weeks later...

Do anyone know if there are taxis available for hire when you get off your ship in the port of Zeebrugge?

I am trying to decide if I should make arrangements with the taxi company online beforehand for the price of 90 Euros roundtrip to Bruges or wait to hire a taxi at the dock...

Archived