Length of drop down beds?

Sierra Fox

I searched for this and couldn't find an answer so hopefully someone can give me an idea.

I know in a balcony cabin for 3 or 4 the additional beds drop down out of the ceiling, but are they the same length as a regular bed? We'll be on the crown.

My son is about 6'2" and I'm wondering if he will even fit up there. I can just picture his size 12 feet dangling off the end. - SF

Yes, the beds are the standard length. Princess offers "bed extenders" but they only work on the floor level beds. Our daughter is 6 ft. 2 also and had no trouble with the upper berth (she did this as a teen, not lately).

Here is a thread with pictures that show it is the same length as the beds on the floor:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415324

There is another post that says the beds are 6'5" long (77"), but I am not sure if that is correct. A standard twin bed is 75". Since the inches make a difference, call Princess directly and ask your question. You might also ask if there is a weight limit on those bunks, too.

Our sons were 6'3" and 6' 4" and seemed to have no problems sleeping. There were no comments or complaints.
That is amazing. Did you slip them a mickey or something. Wow!

They were of legal age and single need I say more. They came to the cabin at 2am and did not stir until 10. We had a standing date to meet at dinner. They had a great time.

Here is a thread with pictures that show it is the same length as the beds on the floor:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415324

There is another post that says the beds are 6'5" long (77"), but I am not sure if that is correct. A standard twin bed is 75". Since the inches make a difference, call Princess directly and ask your question. You might also ask if there is a weight limit on those bunks, too.

I'm 6'4, and I had no problem with fitting in the beds. I slept in the top beds on my first cruise, and I found them much more comfortable then the regular beds. Plus, I'm pretty sure the weight limit is 250 lbs, but you should check with Princess.

Our son is also tall...6'4' tall and slept like a baby! The bed was very sturdy and there was a detachable ladder to climb up there. Although for some reason, I dont think that he used it! ;)

The room attendant unfolded it for us, and made up the bed each night. We would close it during the day to give us more room. Easy.

Archived