Ecstasy nov/ dec

I am thinking of booking on the Ecstasy for this Nov or Dec 2007. We saw the ship in port it is much smallert then the Conquest we did last March.

Has anyone been on any WC cruise in Nov or Dec what is the waters and weather like?

Anyone been on this ship? I hear it has had a major make over.

I found a price for inside room for 379.00 is this the best deal out there ?

I do not know where to look for pricing other this the cruise company websites. I just not sure really who to trust on a good deal ha ha :)

We used a TA the last trip we did felt it was a deal but maybe not but this time I want to see if there is deals out there.

Conquest March 25,07 frist sail and a blast !!

The western caribbean in November is wonderful. We were there last October and again this past February. We are going on Ecstasy for the first time November 3rd. Come and join us! As far as prices go, I understand that TA's cannot sell for less than the cruise line. We always book with the cruise line and pick out the cabin we want.

If the TA did good last time, what's the problem? Oct and Nov are great times. Temps in the eighties. Use the TA and build a relationship. Sometimes that result is even better deals down the road including some TA discounts that the cruiseline will not match.

After nineteen cruises I still prefer to use my TA. She does me good.

I'll be visiting Merida, Mx for two weeks, late Oct early Nov. It's a great time.

BTW. I personally prefer smaller ships. Service and food seem a bit better.

We did the Ecstasy the week of Halloween so came back around Nov 2nd, we had storms, but it didnt ruin my cruise. I would rather be cruising than home no matter what the weather is like.

Some TAs will discount Carnival cruises, but on such a small cruise its not going to be much.

If you liked your TA might as well use them? TA are not allowed to advertise a discount so you wouldnt find a cheaper online price.

This will be our 5th Thanksgiving week to sail the 5 nighter that returns Thansgiving morning. We sail with another family that will make a third trip with us.

The ship has done well for the refurb, the cabins are nice and the entire crew has been great in the past. Things that the refurbs cannot change to a slab sided ship are few balconies, fewer elevators than bigger vessels, upscale dining choices, etc.

Some pluses are a tremendous theatre sound system, good productions for shows and really good food in the dining room. We like the quality of bedding, the comforter, the clean cabins and how the layout is for three people in the cabin.

Weather... bank on the day at sea coming back across the Gulf of Mexico to be a little rough. Winter fronts move across the US quickly and the return can be fun :)

Last November was the coldest I've ever seen in Cozumel, it was blowing about 25 mph and about 70 degrees on the dock at Chankannab National Park. The day at sea was too cold in all but direct sun for anything except a sweatshirt and shorts. The other times Mexico was really nice, with temps in the mid 80's for a high.

With all that said the rates are super. I'd check those prices again, schedule yourself a vacation and we'll see you aboard!

Here are some photos of the ship: http://family.webshots.com/album/413186036ZVCcHm

Just got off the Ecstasy today and had a WONDERFUL experience! The ship was in VERY good shape - it was in drydock and had a complete refurbishment after it was used for Hurricane Katrina. The bedding was very comfortable and everything was clean and neat.

Our cruise had 2600 passengers and NEVER felt crowded! I would highly recommend the Ecstasy and the western Caribbean...

Thanks for your input I think it will be a Nov trip for us but not sure of the which one we will do on this month yet. It would be fun to catch up with a few CCers we did not do that the last time we should have. I wish they had balconys we would really love to do that again but do not see them listed and when we where looking at the ship in port it did not look like it had any. Does anyone know ?

I think we would do it with our TA she has done well with us and will look into a Military discount too. but dang the rate is so cheep can't see it getting any less then what it is already.

In 2008 Nov we will head back on the Conquest with our 2 sons the youngest will be 21 and we really love this ship and the service until then this will help our withdralls ha ha .We are so hooked !!!

Thank you for the help every one is so great in here.

Archived