Bedspread/Comforter Cooties

Leo Jay

What Do You Do About Your Bedspread and Comforter?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Do About Your Bedspread and Comforter?

• We use them as is and don't worry about it
    • We bring a bedspread covers and/or comforter covers from home
    • We take them off the bed and don't use them at all
    • Other

I guess that you will have to leave all your clothes with the exception of the stuff you are wearing and just bring the health stuff. BTW, don't forget the black light.

By the end of the cruise, however, your clothes will smell so bad that nobody will want to be near you. This might be a positive, however, because if they are not near you, you will not be able to catch anything from them.

DON

Yeah, wouldn't that be a good way to enjoy a cruise!!!!! Just think....I could spend my whole cruise going all over the ship with the black light....probably find lots of interesting things to write up in a review. Do that from ship to ship....review to review....might could ruin the cruising business. Then all those paranoid people would not cruise anymore....which might lower the cruise prices for all of us to lure customers back.....gosh, what a plan!!! Anyone wanna join my team???

Here's another thought, when I was a little girl I used to make mud pies....and EAT them!! Never got sick from that, so surely I could survive sleeping in a bed in hotel rooms or on a cruise ship.....I have so far. :-)

I'm far from being a germaphobe, but I always travel with a can of lysol and a travel pack of clorox wipes. I give everything a good spray, especially bedding AND carpet, and a good wipe down when I first get to my cabin, and have yet to get sick or notice any nasty rashes (or worse).

I've NEVER done any of that on the past two cruises and I'm just fine, no bites from bed bugs or mysterious rashes. I don't plan on doing any of that on my Destiny cruise in a few weeks either. Is it even safe to spray bed sheets/comforters with lysol? :confused:

I'm far from being a germaphobe, but I always travel with a can of lysol and a travel pack of clorox wipes. I give everything a good spray, especially bedding AND carpet, and a good wipe down when I first get to my cabin, and have yet to get sick or notice any nasty rashes (or worse).

The mention of rashes reminds me....has anybody seen Oceans 13?...talk about rashes....:D not to mention bugs and germs.

I've NEVER done any of that on the past two cruises and I'm just fine, no bites from bed bugs or mysterious rashes. I don't plan on doing any of that on my Destiny cruise in a few weeks either. Is it even safe to spray bed sheets/comforters with lysol? :confused:

On the back label of the can it claims to be a good disinfectant for mattresses and pillows, so I'm assuming it's got to be safe. Obviously, just give the material time to dry and air out after spraying it. Like I said earlier, I spray it when I first get in, then it has all day to dry, and I don't have to spray it anymore after that.

It's great that not many people have gotten sick (me included), but nowadays why not use a little extra precaution...to each his own, right?

me too!! That's exactly what I do--usually right as we're leaving for the lifeboat drill--that gives the lysol fumes time to clear out.

I'm germophobic and I try NOT to think about things too much--I don't want to turn into Howard Hughes :D That is no way to live.

BTW I saw in the paper the other day that a cell phone has more germs than the toilet :eek:

me too!! That's exactly what I do--usually right as we're leaving for the lifeboat drill--that gives the lysol fumes time to clear out.

I'm germophobic and I try NOT to think about things too much--I don't want to turn into Howard Hughes :D That is no way to live.

BTW I saw in the paper the other day that a cell phone has more germs than the toilet :eek:

That's because alot of people talk out their @$* :D

So let me get this straight. To survive a cruise, I need to bring: a toilet seat, shower curtains (for sure), door handles, cabinet handles, sheets, blankets, mattresses, duvets, life preservers, TV control knobs, a telephone, a TV remote, an ice bucket, the pencil and pen, paper and my own Bible. So who is going to help me bring this on board when when you see the Semi drive up to the dock?

My eleventh cruise already booked and now I find I have been cruising in a cess pool. "Oh the Humanity!!!" (From the Hindenberg crash if you didn't catch this.) My goodness, cruising will never be the same for me or leaving the house for that matter!

I understand that even in the most upscale hotels, bedspreads are often not cleaned between guests, and it seems almost everyone (except me) has seen one of those TV exposes where some journalist takes a black light to a hotel bedspread and discovers all kinds of 'mystery' stains.

I can't imagine they have the capacity to clean every comforter between cruises either (unless they all have covers?), so what do YOU do?

You can ask for a freshly laundered one- with a couple bucks to the room attendant.. then you wont have to worry

So let me get this straight. To survive a cruise, I need to bring: a toilet seat, shower curtains (for sure), door handles, cabinet handles, sheets, blankets, mattresses, duvets, life preservers, TV control knobs, a telephone, a TV remote, an ice bucket, the pencil and pen, paper and my own Bible. So who is going to help me bring this on board when when you see the Semi drive up to the dock?

My eleventh cruise already booked and now I find I have been cruising in a cess pool. "Oh the Humanity!!!" (From the Hindenberg crash if you didn't catch this.) My goodness, cruising will never be the same for me or leaving the house for that matter!

Condoms should do it. They do launder the sheets and clean the cabins.

Archived