NCL arranged flights

• Administrators
Are they usually nonstop from ATL to Hawaii? What seems to be the norm?

Also flying back, is it normally nonstop evening flights?

Thanks!

I can't say about usually, but ours last week was nonstop both ways between Atlanta and Honolulu, on Delta. Coming home to the east coast you will almost always get a red-eye to one degree or another. I just read a post from someone placed on a 1:30 PM flight (that's the earliest I've seen); our nonstop left at 3:30 PM and landed at Atlanta at 6:10 AM the next day. You take the roughly nine hour flight time, and add the six hours in time difference, and you have an overnight flight, even nonstop. You could have an earlier flight from HNL, but I would suspect it would involve a layover on the west coast, as most of the flights leaving HNL before 2-3 PM seem to be to the west coast.

I was surprised when we received our flight plans and it is non-stop from SLC to HNL. We leave at Noon and arrive at 2:45pm on the return we leave at 9:30PM and return at 7:30 AM the next day. I, at the least, expected a flight from SLC to LAX and then maybe to SFO and then to HNL, but was pleasantly surprised about the non-stop flight. Less chance of luggage lost, missed flight connections and mechanical problems (only one plane to worry about) not to mention less flying time without any connections or layovers.

Wiz

• 7 years later...
I was surprised when we received our flight plans and it is non-stop from SLC to HNL. We leave at Noon and arrive at 2:45pm on the return we leave at 9:30PM and return at 7:30 AM the next day. I, at the least, expected a flight from SLC to LAX and then maybe to SFO and then to HNL, but was pleasantly surprised about the non-stop flight. Less chance of luggage lost, missed flight connections and mechanical problems (only one plane to worry about) not to mention less flying time without any connections or layovers.

Wiz

I am doing some research and just saw this post. I realize this was in 2007 but I was wondering if you arrived at 2:45pm on the day of your cruise or did you fly in a day early? Thanks

I am doing some research and just saw this post. I realize this was in 2007 but I was wondering if you arrived at 2:45pm on the day of your cruise or did you fly in a day early? Thanks

As you mentioned, this was 2007.

Flights and options have surely changed hundreds of times since then and most probably will have little to anything to do with what happens today.

Edited by garycarla

This thread is 7 yrs old and won't be followed by Anyone who can help ....

Sorry arriving at 2:30, collecting luggage and making it thru Honolulu to the dock ... The only thing you will see is the ship sailing without out.

You need to change you flight to the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some people just don't get it. There are many posters on Cruise Critic that give excellent advice and unfortunately some people can't understand that. There's absolutely no way that a cruise passenger is going to make their ship when flying from Georgia to Hawaii on the day of sailing at that time. You have a better chance of winning the grand prize on the weekly lottery! Suck it up, pay the three hundred dollar flight change fee, fly in the day before, and try to enjoy your cruise! People make mistakes, try and learn from it.