Santiago Airport

Clint's Mom

HI Ruth

My husband and I made adjustments for our trips with www.enaturchile.com they are high recommended and not request money in advance. In our transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso, we visited a vineyard and the main demonstrations of Vina Mar and Valparaiso. we think that it was sufficient.

I hope to have been able to help

Hi: We will be debarking in Valparaiso on March 16 and need to find a tour for the day. All the flights back to the states leave at 8pm or later. I did e-mail victor.aballi@enaturchile several days ago requesting some day tours ending at the airport and I have not received a response. Is this usual for that tour comapny :confused: I have seen them listed with good reviews, so I am a bit surprised that they have not responded yet. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a city tour and then transportation to the airport. I hate to go to a hotel for the day, and I would hate to just take a cab to the airport for 12 hours. NCL did a tour in Dover England for folks with late flights - then transportation to the airport, but they are not offering it on this trip. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ronnie

I'm a cruiser but will not cruise SA until probably 2009. I have traveled to Santiago and spent most of August 07 thereabouts, mostly La Serena (work-related).

Upon my arrival in Chile I had to obtain a Visa at the airport, which as a cruiser may be waived? I don't want to give out a whole lot of information about this if the Visa is waived, but if anyone is interested or if anyone knows if it is waived because you are cruiser, please let me know.

Thanks,

VB1

Flying into Chile requires payment of the $100.00 reciprocity fee. It is not a visa per se. It is a tit for tat charge, as the US charges Chilean citizens $100.00 for entry into the US. However, the fee charged for air arrival is good for the life of your passport, so a little better deal than the Chileans get.

Arriving by ship-no fee. The fee is wrapped into the port charges/other fees and you never see it. However, you also don't get the paper stapled to your passport, so the ship fee is only good for the one trip and arrival by sea only.

I know that this is an old post, but I thought I should elaborate in case anyone else looks at this thread.

Santiago airport is not very close to the city and there is only transportation running to the city between 6 am and midnight. If you have a flight before that then make sure to be ready to sleep in the airport! There is a 24 hour diner and its a nice airport, but the transport options during the off-hours is not very good.

Flying into Chile requires payment of the $100.00 reciprocity fee. It is not a visa per se. It is a tit for tat charge, as the US charges Chilean citizens $100.00 for entry into the US. However, the fee charged for air arrival is good for the life of your passport, so a little better deal than the Chileans get.

Arriving by ship-no fee. The fee is wrapped into the port charges/other fees and you never see it. However, you also don't get the paper stapled to your passport, so the ship fee is only good for the one trip and arrival by sea only.

This is the first I've heard of the $100. We are flying in March to Santiago to connect with Infinity at Valparaiso. The $100 entrance fee who do we pay and/or is it included in cruise fees etc. ?? Celebrity never mentioned this. Bummer!

This is the first I've heard of the $100. We are flying in March to Santiago to connect with Infinity at Valparaiso. The $100 entrance fee who do we pay and/or is it included in cruise fees etc. ?? Celebrity never mentioned this. Bummer!

We are also sailing out of Valparaiso on Splendour in March and are flying into Santiago. They will collect your $100pp at the airport. This is a one time fee and is Chile's version of a Visa when cruising.

Is Infinity going around the horn and ending up in Brazil? If so, you will need a Brazilian Visa also.

RCI never mentioned it to us either..........they expect you to know all of this I guess.:(

Here is a link that might help you http://www.traveldocs.com/ Just click on Need a Visa and follow the instructions.

Archived