Acurate cruise prices

tomboyy

The wife booked us a cruise on the Legend in Feb. thru Carnival.
The price was 899.00 pp plus 63.53 in taxes and port charges and such for a total of 962.53

When I just looked at our bookings on-line it shows us paying over 1300.00 pp. the price that shows is 1199.00pp plus the 63.53 and insurance of 258.00

Are these on-line numbers acurate or are they just giving the current going rate? Glitch in the Web site?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue][B]hmmmm, I dunno, I have only been on one cruise, but the prices shown online were always what we were quoted when on the phone.....having said that, the website always does seem to be down lately......[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue][B]I would say call your PVP and make sure about the numbers....good luck and let us know!!! [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tomboyy']The wife booked us a cruise on the Legend in Feb. thru Carnival.
The price was 899.00 pp plus 63.53 in taxes and port charges and such for a total of 962.53

When I just looked at our bookings on-line it shows us paying over 1300.00 pp. the price that shows is 1199.00pp plus the 63.53 and insurance of 258.00

Are these on-line numbers acurate or are they just giving the current going rate? Glitch in the Web site?[/quote]

Did you request the insurance?? The $258 per person insurance seems to be part of the difference.

Did you request a higher deck? If you can now get the higher deck on the Thursday sale, call and have them reduce your price.

Have you priced it online on the carnival site to compare? sounds like maybe you were also charged for a upgrade.

We book over the phone thru Carnival and the price difference is what I am seeing on the Carnival web site. Fire fly the insurance isn't part of the difference... basically she gave us a price of 899.00 pp and we booked at that price and now the price of our cruise as stated in our booking online shows a 1199.00 pp price... the taxes and insurance have stayed the same.... thats 600.00 higher! and we weren't upgraded to a higher deck as we have the same cabin number as the day we booked with her, It a 8I extended on the panorama ( under the lido .. I know:rolleyes: )

Thanks for the input:)

sorry :(

Call them and tell you you want an explanation or you will cancel. If you are not happy with the price, then dont accept it. Hopefully its not past final payment. I would be upset too. I hate feeling like I am being overcharged for anything.

[quote name='tomboyy']The wife booked us a cruise on the Legend in Feb. thru Carnival.

Are these on-line numbers acurate or are they just giving the current going rate? Glitch in the Web site?[/QUOTE]

what does your original confirmation say? Does it have the $899pp price or the higher price?

They can't raise your price after you book except additional taxes or port charges which only happen on rare occasions and certainly not for $300pp.

Bill

You should have a paper confirmation showing the original cost? It'll show a balance owed or zero balance if paid in full. Ive got 2, one from the date I booked showing a balance and another showing zero after we made final payment.

[quote name='snownyet']You should have a paper confirmation showing the original cost? It'll show a balance owed or zero balance if paid in full. Ive got 2, one from the date I booked showing a balance and another showing zero after we made final payment.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Online it shows how much my room would cost now..The total is not what I paid and it has my balance as 0..Just makes me glad I paid when I did..
I had called and I was told that as the price goes up I will beable to see what I would of paid..
Hope this helps,
Carla

It sounds like she just forgot to pop in the upgrade code...no biggie just call her to fix it.
Things happen but it's nothing to stress about or threaten to cancel.......call her and ask if she forgot because the prices are not the same.

[quote name='Legend']It sounds like she just forgot to pop in the upgrade code...no biggie just call her to fix it.
Things happen but it's nothing to stress about or threaten to cancel.......call her and ask if she forgot because the prices are not the same.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.. talked to her a few mins. ago she said the past guest discount was on there, the past guest thing was on there but regardless she said that she would take care off it and quoted me the same price as my wife had gottin and written down. It's all good and wasn't to worried but I had to ask all the same:)

Archived